Will Move to Norway again from Hong Kong

Hi, my name is Kary, I am originally from Hong Kong (China), studied in London before, and moved to Norway after graduated, and have stayed in Norway, Oslo for few years. I am active, outgoing, my hobby is reading and sport.

My native language is Chinese, but I can fluent English and some Norwegian. I worked in Norway's office for few years and have found that the colleagues keep a cold but friendly distance between peoples. And I would love to extent my circle and knowing more new friends.

Please feel free to contract me by sending me email. I do really want to know new friends sincerely.  My email iibbmm@live.hk

Best wishes,
Kary

Welcome on Expat.com Kary!

Thank you :)

TBH if ypu're from Hong Kong you should consider another European country (if you want the European experience). Oslo is Norway's only real city (600.000 people, I think), still it has a small centre as you probably know (Karl Johan and Aker brygge) and feels much more like a city of 100.000 IMO).

Since you know Norwegian you should try Stockholm (sweden) or Copenhagen (Denmark), both these cities have about 2 million inhabitants and are much more international than Oslo, you can easily survive knowing English and Norwegian (Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are almost the same).

if you DO choose to live here (which I don't recommend since you're a big city person probably, being from HK), you'll see a country with extreme natural beauty (especially outside of the Oslo area) but almost no people. Norway has 12,5 people per sq km and even cities like Bergen (250.000) feel more like 50.000 because there's few things to do there.

So expect a very dull and non-eventful country in terms of city life.

kary, I sent you a PM.

GSAA: I think Kary know what she's doing since she said she'd been living here few years before.

But yes, I do miss my Copenhagen. Luckily I will move back in October 2010

Yes, I am agreed with u, there has only few things to do, I don't really like the ‘cold' and ‘lonely' feeling. My father is still living in Oslo, so I think I will not to Stockholm or Copenhagen, although I want to.
I have lived in Oslo for 6 years, and really really don't want to go back, but my family is there, I will go back later.
Thanks a lot for your message. Let's keep in touch!

Hello, Kary,

Did we get in touch before? Just want to say hi and if you want to talk or meet up for a coffee, feel free to write to me at anhdaotollefsen@gmail.com. I am in Oslo since July.

Take care,
Anh Dao

hello Kari,

my name is Gitta and live in Billingstad for 2 years now with my family.

I would like to expand my circle of friends so if you like we could meet somewhere or just write some mails first to see if we have a click. It would be nice to speak better norwegian so maybe we can practise together.

Hope to hear from you. you can send me an e mail at
gittavanmeel@hotmail.com

Hilsen,

Gitta