Pig farming

i wanna learn more about large scale pig farming from this country if i would get someone to sponsor me for 2yrs and learn about this trade i will be grateful

Hi Gitau Ndungu!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Why don't you try volunteering at a pig farm for the time being while looking for a sponsor? Also, check out the farmers choice website- they have lots of information on basic pig management.

hi there thanks a lot for the reprocess i trust this find you well,,, i have had a look at the farmers choice website and i have as well as contacted them for the same ,, one thing you should realize is that the farm is very closely guarded farmers choice only offers very little knowledge to others farmers who would wish to do pig farming ,,,the only place where i have found some help is at the international livestock research institute in Kenya but i have not had the chance to have practical knowledge of pig farming... the one reason i would wish to learn pig farming in your country is 
1. weather climate is the same with the location i would want to set up my farm
2. i would also want to learn new and effective methods applied in other countries especially when it comes to feeds and medication treatment and animal husbandry 
3.pork product processing
4.marketing strategies

in essence i would wish to learn a whole new twist to pig rearing production and marketing ,, what we have in Kenya is sooooo traditional even from well established farms like farmers choice. i hope this makes some sense now.

thanks alot Armand ,, i hope you have have had the chance to look at what am interested in do you have any idea about pig farming???

hi i am a swine farmer but experiencing some failures due to ignorance at some points