SIDRA ACCOMMODATION

I am in process of moving to DOHA to join SIDRA, Tickets and necessary documents in place, but I am still waiting for my housing details. Housing although is included in my contract but I am anxious about the quality and size as I am living behind a detached 5 bed property here in uk.

My Questions:

* Any details of Sidra Staff Transition Accommodation
* I am moving here on my own initially - am I likely to be considered for more than 1 bed apartment.
* Distance between Sidra and Staff Accommodation
* Staff parking Information at Sidra please.

I look forward to receiving useful information.

Jo :thanks:

Hi Jo
I have been here for 3 mths now working for Sidra.
You will be supplied accommodation according to your contract.  If you  are a single you win more than likely get a 1 bedroom apartment . These are usually in hotels and very nice ones too.

The distance to work deoends on where you live but it's around 20-35 mins from West Bay.

There is staff parking at the hospital if you decide to get your licence but this takes time. You usually find a driver with other staff to get to and from work.
Let me know if you need any thing else answered

CATH

The distance from SIDRA staff accommodation to the Hospital is like a 5 minutes drive. Pretty close. I am not sure about packing, but I live near the gated compounds and from outside, I have always thought they are pretty spacious.

thanks so much for your swift response. I have written to HR and relocation team, requesting to be considered for at least a 2bed,  as I've got kids and DOHA would be their second home, that is, spending most of their time with me in DOHA during their school holidays. My housing allowance is more than enough to secure me a comfortable 2 or 3 bed flat, so hopefully my request is granted, otherwise would consider other options.

Will keep you posted.

Kamarty wrote:

The distance from SIDRA staff accommodation to the Hospital is like a 5 minutes drive. Pretty close. I am not sure about packing, but I live near the gated compounds and from outside, I have always thought they are pretty spacious.

Thanks for your message - what's your role in Sidra and which gated compound are you currently situated/ placed?

Midwife1970 wrote:

Hi Jo
I have been here for 3 mths now working for Sidra.
You will be supplied accommodation according to your contract.  If you  are a single you win more than likely get a 1 bedroom apartment . These are usually in hotels and very nice ones too.

The distance to work deoends on where you live but it's around 20-35 mins from West Bay.

There is staff parking at the hospital if you decide to get your licence but this takes time. You usually find a driver with other staff to get to and from work.
Let me know if you need any thing else answered

CATH

Are you now in the hospital new building?

Hi,

I am in pretty much the same situation as u were in and I was wondering how it ended with you.
Did you manage to get a 2 bedroom apartment and if so were you required to pay for it?
Did you have a say in where you was housed, so were you able to pick a location that was suitable for you with regards to nursery or child care needs etc?

I am on a single contract myself however I really need a 2 bedroom apartment as my family will be relocating.

any advice or tips will be very much appreciated.

thank you

Hello Fsaid,
Do we talk about the same hospital - Al Ahmeed?

Sorry, I think I sent wrong post.

It's a bit late but Sidra normally ranks  it's Staff so according to your rank you will get your apartment

I am looking for Sidra housing email, By any chance, do you have it?

Perhaps it is late to respond but Sidra provides 1 bedroom for single contact if you are married then you likely get 2 bedrooms apartment.