2020 - Getting a Dubai Visa with a UK criminal record..

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this..

I have been accepted to start an estate agency role in Dubai. I currently live in London UK.

The company will be getting my Work Visa and ID, however I am concerned about my criminal record. 2 years ago I had to go to court for a driving related offence (didn't provide a specimen for police). I was found guilty and given a fine, no prison time or community service etc. I do not have any other convictions at all, and have never been arrested otherwise.

I'm wondering if this will impact my Visa? I am going to be doing a sales role in an office, and will not be interacting with government or anything like that.

Any help or advice, or anyone who has been accepted with a similar record would be great.

Thanks!

It depends on the person approving your VISA but I know of someone who has been refused 3 times for a warning on their record from 2008....

Hi Nelly, do you know if you were charged for a criminal offence...did you give a good enough reason for not providing the sample?

Not sure of the details but the length of time an offence sits on your record depends on age at time of offence and seriousness of offence. I would hazard a guess that refusing a specimen isn't classed as a minor offence, but you need to check.

Have you applied for a police certificate? I personally didn't resign from my il position until I had received my certificate.

If it's a criminal offence that you were convicted of you are obviously going to struggle.

Probably not the answer you wanted?

1) UAE wanted to roll out mandatory police clearance from home country for visas.  However, it was set aside as it was deemed to be too onerous
2) However, they DO undertake a security check by themselves. And the outcome will depend on who is the person who is doing it. Your offence is not serious on the face of it and while I don't anticipate issues, I would flag it to the employer in case if there is a rejection - in case the person doing it interprets it as hostility towards police or whatever.  Sometimes, the sponsor can get it done by providing extra documentation showing the offence being minor etc