Cancelling working visa

hi guys.

firstly not sure if this is the right forum to do this but here goes:

ive been searching for work in Qatar the past 12months. 
one of the companies I was in discussion with got a working visa without my approval whilst enquiring.  I am now in a situation where another company wants my services there but can't sort out working visa permits because there is still an existing one.  company A are being difficult and don't want to cancel it.  is there anything I can do to cancel the original or stop them extending the permit?

further information, I believe they had an obligation to their clients of proving numbers by obtaining our visas.  hence why the visas were sorted behind my back.

Dear Friend,
There is no working visa without employee's approval..! Work visa is obtained after employee signing off an employment agreement.

this is worrying!  im coming in under temporary work visa as a contractor not employee.  could that be why they managed to get it without my signature or contract?

subseajack wrote:

this is worrying!  im coming in under temporary work visa as a contractor not employee.  could that be why they managed to get it without my signature or contract?

Makes no difference if contractor or employee  - company A should NOT have applied for your work visa without your written approval. Ideally the best way to resolve this would be for you to complain to the Qatari authorities (labour office?) and tell them you did not sign any contract/agreement with company A and hence they should cancel your existing visa. How easy its to do that (if possible) I've got no idea....

Thanks,

Is that the labour office on their government website? 
Could i also be able to achieve this by contacting the london embassy do you think?

You can try getting in touch with the Qatar embassy in London and explaining your situation but I'm fairly sure they won't be able to do anything - no harm in asking them though.

Otherwise you need to get in touch with Qatar MOI/Hukoomi on +974 4406 9999.

Maybe it might be worth sharing the same of 'Company A' so that other jobseekers can be made aware of their illegal methods of recruitment?

Good luck!

Thanks all for the advice.

Hello, I'm going through something similar.
May you tell me how you managed this situation

I'm in the same position from the UK

Company A in May 2021 offers me a job on condition I complete all my documentation process. Company A stress that no visa will be applied until documents are all approved.

Company A now in Aug 2021 still haven't sorted documention approval process. The HR is taking so long that I had to withdraw due to their delays and find a local job for income.

Company A is understanding towards my decision to withdraw.

Company B contacts me Sept 21 also from Qatar this year about a job. Company B completes all document processes and starts applying for a work visa for me.

Company B contacts me that there already is a work visa under my name from company A issued in July 2021 so cannot give me a Visa until its cancelled. Company B informs me company A has to cancel

I contact company A and ask why they visa under my name without informing me especially when they told me visa will only be processed once all documents are approved! Company A HR doesnt know why and said sorry cannot cancel it! Advice given to me to fly to Qatar and cancel myself!

It's really stressful situation knowing all someone has to do is click and press Computer to cancel Visa but cannot be helpful enough to do it.

I may have to fly there or risk losing the company B job