Living in Canada? Expat.com needs you!

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

We are currently looking for volunteers to help the expat community in Canada.

If you are interested in helping the other members in your spare time, answering their queries and sharing useful information on the forum on living in Canada, we would be happy to have you on board of our Advisors Team.

Should you want to know more about this project, feel free to contact me answering directly in this thread or by private message.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hi,
Am a Canadian citizen residing in Edmonton, AB.
I'd like to take part in the project. What is it all about?

Cheers

Hi,
I am an Istanbul native living in Ottawa on work visa since 2019. As a real estate broker focused on internationals in Istanbul for 25 years and a Realtor in Canada, I have been in the expat community for a long time. I would love to help the expat community, share my experiences, tips&tricks.

I also lived in the US for 5 years as an international student then professional.

Disclosure: I am a licensed real estate agent and mortgage agent in Ottawa. I will not solicit or directly offer my services if not permitted. I am also the Internations Ottawa Ambassador and an Ottawa Ambassador (a program by the Ottawa Board of Trade).

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Tolga Nizam

PS: I can also help for the Istanbul expat commuinity.

Hanzouli Bechir  Yes I am serious to come and work in Canada

For those seeking work in Canada.

This post by Priscilla is NOT a job offer. It is a volunteer position and to qualify you need to be living and working legally in Canada.

If seeking work then check out the jobs section at the top of this page. You can place your CV there.

Check out the Canada Guide found under 'Discover' at the top of this page.
@Priscilla

I am Kevin Edward from Canada

I am looking for projects I'd like to engage in.

I am just a fresher of this site.

Could you tell me about this site?

We join you but now I'm not in Canada I have to get a visa

@powermajestypm If you are looking for someone to work with you, I am here

@powermajestypm . You are welcome once again. please this site, is a sit that encourage and also Tell people about the living or the way to migrate to Canada in a safe way. Without any scam.

Hi

I'm Bruce from Calgary, Alberta. I'm more than happy to ake part in the project in French and English

I think the main issue here is the term "expat" as most people relocating to Canada would be doing so under the "Permanent Resident" umbrella or hopes of becoming a permanent resident, even if currently on a student visa.

I can see this difference especially as I have also recently moved here, as a PR, from a country where I could only ever be an "expat". and I would like to quickly shed that moniker here and never return to it :D

@Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

I am Esmail Dalal, RCIC (Licensed regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant). I am based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I will be glad to help and answer any queries that expats moving, or aspiring to move to Canada have. Thanks

Best Regards,

Esmail

@infozain786 Can I pick your brain or get some advice from you on how to start our transition?

@Priscilla

Good evening

My name is Ilham EPAILLARD, I am a liberal profession in health in Lyon in France and we are planning to move the girls, 14 and 9 years old, to Canada in one or two years, I would like to have some feedback on French. Thank you for your feedback 😊

Sincerely

ilham EPAILLARD

@ilhampodo

Hello and welcome !

I suggest that you open a new topic in french on the Canada francophone forum here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4104

Members will guide you

Regards

Bhavna

@Priscilla I have experience living abroad and am an active participant in community forums, so I am confident that I can be useful in this role. Please tell me more about the responsibilities and expectations that come with this role and how I can join your team of consultants.