Belgium Citizenship Processing Time Brussels/Forest

Hey all,

Hope you'all doing great. I applied for Belgium citizenship last week in Forest Brussels. I was just wondering what is the processing time now a days?  Can anyone  share experience for Forest commune in particular or Brussels in general?

Regards,

Kevin

Hello,

that question has already been replied a lot of time, don't forget to use the search function on this forum :cheers:

To answer your question: 4 to 6 months

@AlexFromBelgium Thanks for your reply. Actually they told me up to 7 months processing time.  I was wondering if other people  by any chance got it earlier. Eager to get Belgium citizenship :)

Just an update to community, I got citizenship after 6 months. Best wishes for all those who are waiting or intending to apply.

Just an update to community, I got citizenship after 6 months. Best wishes for all those who are waiting or intending to apply.
-@KevinSteen

Hi Kevin, congrats, but I see that you said you applied around mid Oct 22 so its Mid Feb 23 which is 4 mths instead of 6 I guess?

-@KevinSteen

Hey, congrats!

from what I see your first post was end of October, so it took aprox. 4 months since you submitted the request?

And how did you find out it was positive? did you get a letter?

thanks!

sorry,  some mistake in my first post: 

Here is my timeline:

Applied : August 2022

No police visit, no extra documentation asked by commune

confirmation via email: Feb 2023

Let me know if you have additional questions

@KevinSteen thanks for clarification.

did you get a confirmation that your files were forwarded to the King office several days/weeks after the submission or you got a receipt stating that your files were forwarded the same day of your submission?