Beautiful natural, outdoor places in Philippines

Hi Community:

Please share places you know from your own adventures in the Philippines.  Places like hiking or biking trails, fishing spots, canoeing or kayaking, lakes or streams, beaches, etc.

Thanks,  Paul

We have 14 volcanoes on Biliran Island but only 1 is active. Must be something about old volcanos and water falls because there is a lot of water spurting out of the side of these old volcanoes near the top which has created a lot of really nice waterfalls. There are 4 or more not far from where we live and I've visited 3 of them. I really like this one because the water is very cold. Good for swimming on a hot day and it is never crowded. We are usually the only ones there because a rock slide took out a section of the elevated walkway so you have to do a little rock climbing. Kasabangon Falls.

bTagDL.jpg

Tomalistis Falls is unique because it spills directly into the ocean. There are actually several falls and according to the Guinness Book it is the world's sweetest water. A bamboo boardwalk was installed recently which made it a 5 minute stroll instead of hundreds of steps. I heard the last storm took out the boardwalk so you will have to climb down the steps until the boardwalk is repaired. I never used the steps but I've read there are more than 300 carved into the rock. It's good to swim in the ocean then go sit under the falls. I like the stream of water just over my head in the picture. I sit on the rock it's is landing on and get a free back massage. Tomalistis Falls

bbNxgX.jpg

Tinago Falls has a nice big pavilion that was recently constructed. I'm using a photo I took in 2014 because a few house-sized boulders came down and made it a little trickier to get to the falls. I didn't know that so last time I was there I didn't have the right shoes for climbing over the boulders so I didn't get close enough for a good photo. Tinago Falls

bbN6xk.jpg

OMG, this is why Philippines is absolutely amazing.  Thanks.

One of the reasons we live here.

Cheers, Steve.

My wife's brother sent pictures of Samar.  A definite next destination.

The next few weeks I'll visit Zambales province (think Subic).  Will upload some photos.

`

Hot Dog

1f380.svg1f380.svg1f3c6.svg1f3c6.svg

Thanks for sharing

I agree with Lotus Eater about Tinago Falls, been there a couple of times and it is breathtakingly beautiful. They even fixed ropes to the rocks so you can go on a raft (very small fee) and they will use the ropes to pull you into the actual falls. Not for the faint hearted though, about 350 steps to climb down to get there (Not sure if there is another way down) but 350 steps back up will test even the fittest of us.

If you are in Davao and fancy a nice romantic night or more, I would suggest booking at the Pearl Farm Beach Resort on Samal Island. Beautiful setting. Me and my girlfriend at the time, stayed in a wooden Bungalow surrounded by nature, swimming pool just across, beach nearby, buffet dinner included in the price. They even have them golf buggy like things to transport you around. Lovely bar, elevated and with a lovely view. Would highly recommend. Bit on the pricey side but worth it.

Thanks Moondog! Great pics! Oh we have had so many adventures here, will pick a few only:

This is Casaroro Falls just outside of Valencia, which is above Dumaguete in Negros Oriental. You drive about 20 min up into the steep mountains, park at the trailhead, then decend down about 350 steps to the river below. From there it is a fairly rugged hike for about half a km to the falls. You have to cross the river a few times and the foot bridges are in bad shape so we took off the shoes and waded across. It is an extremely narrow river valley so do not go there if rain is expected, as the water will rise quickly.

20220627_105626.jpg

IMG-0456_tm174SvD9HzdVahqdGS3S6.JPG

Here is Osmeña Peak in the mountains of southern Cebu, near Dalaguete, which is along the nautical highway. It is about a 2 hour drive south of Cebu City, then an hour drive up into the mountains. You will generally need a guide (very cheap) for the hike of 1-2 km up to the peak. It is 1000m in elevation and always cool, and camping is also possible. Sometimes it can be very rainy and foggy.

20211118_071545.jpg

P3110205.JPG

One more, on Bohol, we all know about the Chocolate hills. Well not much further is Danao Adventure Park, where there is the tallest and longest zipline in the Philippines. It is 200m high above the river and a half km across the gorge. I took one look and said no thanks, but my little adrenaline junky couldn't wait to get on it and  "fly like an eagle.." and of course it's a two-way trip.. lol.

20170129_135142.jpg

Zip1.jpg

Zip2.jpg