International Vehicle Transportation

Hello everyone,

I have a late model truck I need to ship to Costa Rica. I understand all the various costs to ship a vehicle and the logistics. What I am having a huge problem with is finding a reliable, honest, and fair company in Costa Rica that can perform the work. If any of you have shipped your vehicles successfully to Costa Rica it would be a great help for me to know what company you used or any contacts you may have to assist with this task. Thanks in advance!

Avoid tico providers not getting screwed with insurance if your car is damaged during shipping.

before you make your final decision to ship the truck. You had better check the rules on shipping into country as they have age Restriction.  And if it does pass those then the tax for importing it may be more than it is worth. It could be as much as 75% of the value of the truck

. . . the tax for importing it may be more than it is worth. It could be as much as 75% of the value of the truck
-@nchebertjr1957

That's absolutely true, but remember that whether a private party imports a vehicle or a car dealer (new or used) imports it, the government fees will be the same. Import duties are calculated by Costa Rican Customs on the listed values in "The Black Book" regardless what you may pay. The only workaround is to purchase a new vehicle here because, in that case, the vehicle is valued at whatever the cost is from the manufacturer to the dealer, before the dealer's costs and markup are added.

@daveandmarcia Just to keep in mind that a new vehicle cost at least 50% more than a similar one in the US or even more.