We are a family of 4 looking to move to Scotland

Hi everyone

hope this is ok to post here

We are a family of 4 looking to move to Scotland. ( kids aged 2 and 4 ) My sister moved up to Glenrothes 3 years now and loves it there.

We have had a home exchange come up in Glasgow, Banton Place area. We would originally like to be somewhere a bit more quiet eventually but considering taking it till something better comes along. I have tried doing some online research but haven't found much. Wondered how safe it is, how are the schools in that area etc if anyone could provide any insight it would be much appreciated it.

Flora x

Wondered how safe it is, how are the schools in that area etc if anyone could provide any insight it would be much appreciated it.
Flora x
-@FloraWhelehan

https://www.adt.co.uk/crime-in-my-area

https://sacavoyage.fr/en/glasgow-quarti … r-visiter/

SCT01221914681_g01.png

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board, Flora !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Scotland forum so that members may guide you.

Feel free to read the articles of the Living in Scotland guide for expats to know more about regions, neighbourhood, accommodation etc.

All the best,

Bhavna

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I assume that was you asking the same question on Trip Advisor (no problem).  I'm also assuming that you have already sorted out the visas that will enable you to live and work in the UK.

Banton Place in Glasgow was a high-rise apartment area in Eastern Glasgow.  The flats are long gone; if I check out the local social media (link) - using the postcode G33 4NZ will put you in the middle of the area, the main issue seems to be the state of the roads.  If you use the street view option of Google maps, you'll get an idea.

As to whether it is safe; Glasgow has crime issues, drugs are a problem, and if your kids are street kids, I wouldn't live in Scotland.

Glenrothes is a very nice place, we have family friends who live there.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team