Menu
Expat.com

Visas renewal

Last activity 13 December 2022 by Skip Scott

davidseaman

My tourist visa is nearly up.I'm not sure what to do.Is it right to leave the Philippines for say 2 day and come back and start  the process of renewing my visas for the next 3years..l have made my home here with my partner.Please  advise. Dave expat Englishman

Cheryl

Hello davidseaman,

Thank you for asking your question here. 1f609.svg

I'm hoping that someone who has gone through the same process will be able to provide you with more details on what to do next.

In the meantime, have you tried contacting immigration to get an idea of how it can be done?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

talamban

@davidseaman Yes you can do that. Maybe easier to just renew your Visa for two months now unless you just want to travel outside. There is no 3 Year Visa as such - You will need to stack up 2 month and six month Visas to compile a total of three years before you have to leave The Philippines and start the process again. Of course, you can leave any time within the 3 year period and restart the process.

Skip Scott

Or you can buy a cheap seat to leave the country, then return on the first flight back. Commonly called a “visa run.” Your visa will be cancelled when you process out and another 3 month visa obtained on your return.

word of caution here…foreigners are required to have an outbound ticket upon arrival. A (there may be more, though…) idea would be to go to a website that offers to hold your reservation 24 hours before canceling it.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles