Menu
Expat.com

Studies done in Belgium as proof of social integration in Belgium

Last activity 27 December 2022 by ABS25

ABS25

Hello everyone. I need opinion of people who have personally experienced this situation or have a legal knowledge about it. My question is, the studies done in Belgium(for 5 continuous years) and it did not result yet in form of diploma but passed alot of credits. Study still continuing, Is it sufficient as proof of social integration for Belgian nationality? Or in other words transcript of records which is Putenblad in dutch, is it a legally recognized certificate in Belgium? Thank you all for your opinion on this.

richeekdey3

I was asked to submit my diploma

ABS25

@richeekdey3 Thanks. Just to mention, meanwhile i talked to ADDE, they told 5 years of continuous study is enough to prove as social integration. Another lawyer also said the same. My commune also said its enough in some way and you can submit the declaration but they are not 100% sure on it, it may result in a yes or may be not. Lol, its confusing.

richeekdey3

@ABS25 apply and see.

Peterjohn123
@richeekdey3 Thanks. Just to mention, meanwhile i talked to ADDE, they told 5 years of continuous study is enough to prove as social integration. Another lawyer also said the same. My commune also said its enough in some way and you can submit the declaration but they are not 100% sure on it, it may result in a yes or may be not. Lol, its confusing.
-@ABS25

Read this https://justice.belgium.be/fr/themes_et … ationalite then follow smile.png

in real life, not an issue if in combination with full time work (wth social contribution)

ABS25

@Peterjohn123 Thanks, i have gone through this link, i have worked yes, more than 468 days comfortably(paying social security). Sorry i did not get, But what did you mean by full time work? Is it uninterrupted work of 5 years?

Peterjohn123

@ABS25 if you worked 468 days with social contribution is fine. Uninterrupted working is for people who do not submit diplomas. But, did you get permanent residence based also on thoes years of study?

ABS25

@Peterjohn123 Exactly that is the point of discussion, the diploma is not finished yet so its going to be sufficient as social integration or not? And i have card F

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belgium

• Study in Belgium
    Study in Belgium

Belgium is an ideal destination for students worldwide. This country attracts students with its high-quality ...

• Universities in Brussels
    Universities in Brussels

Brussels is a great city to live and work in, and consequently, it also has a lot to offer prospective students, ...

• International schools in Belgium
    International schools in Belgium

This article details all the international schools where you can enroll your children in Belgium. If you're ...

• Student life in Brussels
    Student life in Brussels

When studying abroad, it's always a bit hard to know in advance exactly what it will be like. As such, ...

• Doing an internship in Belgium
    Doing an internship in Belgium

Students usually have to do an internship to validate their academic training. What's the process of doing an ...

• A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods
    A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods

A very safe and laid-back city to live and work in, Brussels has many different sides for expats and tourists to ...

• Buying a car in Belgium
    Buying a car in Belgium

Some formalities apply when buying a vehicle in Belgium, both before and after the sale. Here's what to expect.

• Buying property in Brussels
    Buying property in Brussels

Compared with other European capitals, buying property in Brussels is very affordable. Consequently, it's ...

All of Belgium's guide articles