Menu
Expat.com

Travel from Morocco to Mauritius (Tourist purpose)

Last activity 09 January 2023 by Vedan

Brahim AKHDIME

Dears,

Could someone tell me what is the procedure for Moroccan citizens to come to visit Mauritius? Is a Visa is required?

As there is no direct flight from Morocco to Mauritius, a connection in Dubai is required. Do you know if a Transit Visa is needed for the connection in Dubai?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Brahim

yrsbarra

Emirates Airlines no transit visa needed , Mauritius visa on arrival,  hotel booking,  return tickets,  100 usd per day needed .

You can come anytime.

Julius ojong

@Brahim AKHDIME Hello Brahim,

Just to answer your question, you could book your flight via Emirates and transit in dubai and you don’t need any transit visa. The republic of Mauritius does not need visas from Moroccans. You just need to do a hotel booking (preferably 4 star upwards) prior to your travel and also have to have enough cash on you to finance the period of your stay (200 dollars) daily.

Brahim AKHDIME

Thanks @yrsbarra for your reply smile.png

Is Emirates airlines the only option? I found that Turkish Airlines are flying also to Mauritius from Morocco with a connection in Istanbul.

Turkey also does not require visas for Moroccans. Could this be an option?

Brahim AKHDIME

@Julius ojong Thank you for your reply smile.png

Is Emirates airlines the only option? I found that Turkish Airlines are flying also to Mauritius from Morocco with a connection in Istanbul.

Turkey also does not require visas for Moroccans. Could this be an option?

juderabbani

Brahim Akhdime:You can take ANY airline that comes to Mauritius.You need to do a Hotel or ANY accomodation booking. Most are on booking.com (including mine).You need to fill-in the All-in-one form on www.mauritiusnow.com and on the form enter your accomodation details.Once the form is filled-in you will receive a confirmation on your email.Print the form or have it as PDF on your SmartPhone. The form has a QR-Code.Produce your Passport, Accomodation Booking Confirmation & Return ticket at Immigration.On health counter, produce the All-in-one form and they will scan the QR-Code.If you need any other assistance, let me know.

Vedan

@Brahim AKHDIME

please when booking look at the transit waiting time. I have flown many times with Turkish airlines and I have no problem with transit in Istanbul. I personally don’t like the transit in Dubai. Whilst the fare may be a bit lower but many people I have spoken to, express concern on the long waiting time. I try and avoid Dubai. At the end of the day it is your personal choice.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Retiring in Mauritius
    Retiring in Mauritius

Mauritius is rapidly becoming a hub for foreign retirees. To provide for the growing interest, in addition to the ...

• Customs in Mauritius
    Customs in Mauritius

As you embark on your expatriate journey to the picturesque shores of Mauritius, navigating the intricacies of ...

• Traveling to Mauritius
    Traveling to Mauritius

Are you looking to move to Mauritius on a short-term visa to scout for opportunities or to get a feel of life on ...

• Retire in Mauritius
    Retire in Mauritius

Do you want to spend the rest of your life gazing at seemingly endless stripes of warm sand, swinging your golf ...

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles