New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

@Francois Conradie

hi I'm moving to casa from America with my two kids 8 and 11. Lmk if you want to have friends for them

Hello I'm an American widowed mom moving to Casa in June permanently with my 2 kids age 8 girl and boy 11. Very excited for our new life! If anyone watches YouTube check my channel out @momof4reacts 🇺🇸➡️🇲🇦❤️

Hello Eestelow,

Welcome on board !

Wish you all the very best in your move. Feel free to reach out to members of the Casablanca forum.

Bhavna

HI guys,

i recently opened a company in casablanca in digital services. I am here to get some informations and share experiences.

@hanawenede I am from Ethiopia, I would like to join Morocco in the coming month. can you give me some information.

Hi, my name is Sophie, I'm 25 yo, I'm from Russia. I lived in Tangier, but currently living in Casablanca. I'm an art history major, I also write articles about art and fashion and draw sketches, so I know everything about art from the renaissance to the pop art of Andy Warhol. I love reading, watching french new wave films, going to museums and galleries. My hobby is sewing clothes, I've been sewing since I was 13.

I speak English and learning French, would also like to study darija in the future.

@Sofiia Lizanets  Good morning Sophie. Darija is not an official language with can be learned in a normal way. Darija is more like dialect ( street language ) specific to North African countries ( with slight variations). Darija can not be learned in the classrooms and there are no official books for it. Darija can only be learned in the street by mingling with the locals. I hope that this helps.

Hello everyone and welcome on board, Sophie !

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Have a look at the adverts posted in the Language classes in Casablanca section of the website, you might find one offering Darija.

If not, you may also create your own advert in the same section.

@Idouarab2712, thank you for your insightful comment. It will surely benefit members

All the best

Bhavna

@idouarab2712  how can one mingle with the street to learn

@Julien

am both Italian and morrocan citizen am here to offer my flat in rent in casablanca. With all forniture  so I prefer renters from out side Morocco  coming for work for one year or two

thanks a lot for this forums helps

@Guest9742   What a story. Great, keep going. My roots are from the desert. I know how beautiful dunes get during sunset. You can make it.

Hi everyone,

My name is Simone and i live in the Netherlands.

I have a boyfriend he lives in Fez.

We know each other for 4 years now.

We are making plans for our future to live in Morocco (Fez) and also in the Netherlands

I am very interested in reading all your stories so i can learn from that.

Morocco is a beautiful country with wonderful people.

Honestly i fell in love with Morocco

Hi. I am Iveta a Slovakian lady living in the UK. I love Morocco, its culture, history, cuisine. So I travel to Morocco.

HELLO

I am Katy from ROMANIA living in Germany but now i am in MAROCCO.I try to find a job as SENIOUR PERSONAL ASSISTTANT, speaking 5 languages and a lot of experience.

thank you

ECATERINA

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

I would invite all newcomers to read the Living in Morocco guide for expats. You will find plenty of useful information to make your project a success.

For those who are looking for a job like @ECATERINA, please read the Work section of the guide and create your CV in the Jobs in Morocco section for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

Salam, Hello

My name is Ahmad

I'm an Indonesian live in Rabat, Morocco

Live in Rabat since November 2022

Have visited Marrakesch, Meknes, Fes, ElJadida , Tangier

Nice to meet you here:) 😊

@Bhavna hello.im ahmed from morrocco.you welcom i can be your friend guuide

@Popolushka  welcome to Morocco

Welcome on board, Ahmed,

Thank you but I am not in Morocco.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone Im Souix Im English living in Thailand at the moment looking at moving to Morocco in the future.Just gathering information right now.

Hello and warm welcome, Souix

If you have any question feel free to ask or start your own thread on the Morocco forum.

In which region are you looking forward to moving to ?

For a good start, here's a little guide that will be useful to you : Living in Morocco guide for expats

Regards

Bhavna

Hi and thank you.we are looking at Essaouira at the moment 😊

Great, we have a forum dedicated to Essaouira,   Essaouira forum

@Julien

Thanks ones again...I'm Matilda a Kenyan citizen I'm currently working in Saudi Arabia. I would like to work in your country. I'm I welcome to Morocco?

Hello Matilda,

Welcome on board !

What kind of job are you looking for ?

For a smooth start on the forum, please read the articles of the Living in Morocco guide for expats, in particular those pertaining to work and visa. Should you have any questions, feel free to open your own thread on the Morocco forum.

Regards

Bhavna

Good morning,

I am from the Uk and looking to move to Morocco with my one year old son and partner. My partner has worked in Executive search in the investment markets for 20 years and I have a bsc in real estate- have worked as an Executive assistant for 12 years and founded my own household staffing agency. My partner is looking for a new challenge having worked for himself for 15 years and I am open to new opportunities or could run my business remotely.

I would hugely appreciate any pointers and contacts in the industry who may be able help us.

Best wishes,

Georgia

Sorry but there are a lot of crooks in Morocco... Please be careful

@Souix oki

@Julien good afternoon! Thanks for letting me join the group.  I am currently in Tangier, having lived in Essaouira for two years. I  worked in Education all my life, my last job before I retired being an associate lecturer on the graduate teacher programme run by the University of Brighton.

I'm hoping to make contact with other expats to share information, advice and maybe a cup of coffee!

i enjoy arts and crafts, swimming and good conversation.

@Sofiia Lizanets hi Sofia. I just wanted to comment on the subject of learning Darija. Contrary to some replies, I know many people who have learned the language by attending classes. Where I lived, in Essaouira, were groups and one to one tutors. At the time, I decided to improve my French, but I would not hesitate to ask locally about classes as they are definitely out there!

@eestelow Hi ,you are welcom in Morocco ,for your kids don't worry thez will make friends ,people here are so friendly

@Ahmad Zaki14  Alukom Salam ,you are welcom ,Hope you enjoy your visit

@Sofiia Lizanets Hi Sofia ,so interesting ,good luck in your carrer and welcom again

@ksquared Hi ,welcom here ,I'm working in education too

@Julien there was a mistake I'm my age is 37 not 27 sorry.

Hello everyone and welcome on board to all newcomers.

For.a good start on the forum, I would recommend all new members to read the Living in Morocco guide for expats to gather as much information as possible.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello All,

I have just joined this forum as I made my first visit to Morocco in June for my birthday, will be visiting again in September. Would be nice to meet locals for insights & experiences, I have other personal questions which would be best discussed privately. Any experienced people with a wealth of knowledge about the country & it's people are welcome to contact me.

I look forward to the forum and discussions, nice to meet you all!

@Isa90s Hello and welcome !

I am not sure members will automatically reach out to you in private.

I suggest that you open a new thread on the Morocco forum or the city you want to move in whilst posting your precise questions so that members can reach out (in private or on the forum).

All the best

Bhavna

Hi everyone!

My name is Camille. I was born in France but I have spent the last 10 years abroad. I first moved the the US for a year and then I spent 3 years studying translation in Canada. More recently, I moved from Belgium to Casablanca! I have been to Morocco before, but this is my first time in this city and I'm going to stay here for at least a year. Since I'm a newcomer, I'd like to meet locals or other expats and get to know the city better and do all sorts of activities. I'm curious to see what Casablanca has to offer. I enjoy swimming, dancing, art, dining and talking (:

@Lalalalala Welcome on board Camille !

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I wish you a smooth transition. Feel free to interact with members of the Casablanca forum should you want to network or seek advice.

All the very best

Bhavna

Closed