Fingerprints and Background Checks for Americans?

We are Americans living in SR since September and and my wife needs to obtain fingerprints for an FBI background check. Has anyone on this forum had to do this, and if so, how do we best proceed. Many thanks in advance!

@nicdavidson Hey! I have never had to do this in SR or Cambodia. I just wonder if the American embassy in Phnom Penh could help or at least give you some pointers on possible things to consider. Maybe give them a call or see if they have a contact email?

I agree with mpmilestogo,

Contact the U.S. embassy and explain your situation. They might have those services available to you plus they could certify the legitimacy of your fingerprints.

Thanks, all! They DO have fingerprinting and whatnot at the embassy in PP. It's just a three-day process, not counting travel, and we have five kids, and it's a hassle, so I was just looking to see if anyone in SR had ever had to do it. :)

My wife needs to do it because she's a physician seeking to obtain her medical permit and fingerprints/background check was part of the requirements, is all.

Thanks, again!