Menu
Expat.com

Changing employer

Last activity 23 January 2023 by Theking123

Theking123

Hello guys,

I am currently on a search year visa ( valid till end of October 2023), I am working with a company that started with the single permit in 15 November 2022. The single permit is not ready yet, I found another employer and I want to start working with them in 3 weeks.

What I am thinking to do is to tell my current employer to stop the process and tell the new one to start with it. In this case can I work directly with my new employer based on the search year visa? Since I didn't yet receive the single permit, and I don't want to receive it from the old employer at the time being to prevent taking a lot of time to switch visas later. So I prefer to let my new employer apply to it from the beginning in Brussels

Thank you for your help!

Anthony

eshwarraj09

@Theking123  Hi, Work permit is tagged to Employer, You can only work with valid Work Permit.

Theking123

Yes I agree, the thing is that I am still on my search year visa and not on the single permit. I didn't yet switch my card with permit of my current employer and I don't want to because I want to leave. So my question is can I directly work with the new employer, based on search year visa since I didn't switch yet cards ? and then the new employer applies for the single permit so I can stay long in Belgium

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belgium

• Working in Antwerp
    Working in Antwerp

Antwerp is famous for its harbor and diamonds. It's located in Flanders, north of Belgium. Conditions apply to ...

• Working in Leuven
    Working in Leuven

Leuven is located within the Flanders region in Belgium. It's a Dutch-speaking city that offers opportunities ...

• Working in Charleroi
    Working in Charleroi

Charleroi is a French-speaking town located in the Walloon region in Belgium. It is an industrial center, which ...

• Finding work in Brussels
    Finding work in Brussels

Home to a diverse array of peoples, cultures, and languages, Brussels is a very multicultural city that is popular ...

• Working in Liège
    Working in Liège

Liège is the economic capital of Wallonia and is a French-speaking city. The area's recently recovered ...

• Working in Namur
    Working in Namur

Namur is the capital city of the province of Wallonia. The city is surrounded by Liege, Brussels, and Charleroi. ...

• Doing an internship in Belgium
    Doing an internship in Belgium

Students usually have to do an internship to validate their academic training. What's the process of doing an ...

• Starting a business in Belgium
    Starting a business in Belgium

Thanks to its geographical location in central Europe, Belgium has become one of the most popular countries to ...

All of Belgium's guide articles