Menu
Expat.com

Coming to visit

Last activity 29 March 2023 by Gilda Osorio

darjo16

Hi all,

I am coming to Belize in later April. I will be experiencing the ATM cave and Placencia. I have 4 more nights to explore a different area of Belize. Where should I visit with an eye to possible moving there? Punta Gorda?

Thanks, Darcy

zerotron

I'd suggest that four nights is insufficient for you to form a basis for an opinion as to where you might want to move to. There's no one area of Belize that really represents everyday life in the entire country. So with limited time, a lot might depend on what kind of environment you might be seeking. Each area has its own advantages and disadvantages. There's Punta Gorda, yes, and Hopkins, and Orangewalk, and Cayo, and Ambergris Caye / San Pedro and Caye Caulker and Corozal, off the top of my head. And then there's Belize City, of course, where much of the total population of the country lives. And Belmopan, the Capital of the country. But I find it a bit difficult to narrow that down for someone else without knowing what they're envisioning.

Aerodex
Hi all,
I am coming to Belize in later April. I will be experiencing the ATM cave and Placencia. I have 4 more nights to explore a different area of Belize. Where should I visit with an eye to possible moving there? Punta Gorda?
Thanks, Darcy
-@darjo16

zerotron is correct!

Belize is a wonderfully diverse place, with different seasons, cultures, prices, opportunities etc,etc.

5 days in one area is not enough to intelligently select an area to live, in a country drastically different from North America. 

There is no substitute for getting one own sandal's in the sand for a week or three in different locations.

Have fun, enjoy your short stay, then come back to see  various areas for longer times. 1f600.svg

Gilda Osorio

Hello Darcy, I saw your comment on the forum of the expat page, I am interested in settling there, I would like to be in contact with you for possible opportunities and get to know Belize from your stay, it would be a great help, if you allow it we can meet.

att gilda  fom colombia

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

• Using phones in Belize
    Using phones in Belize

Belize has a national telecommunications company, Belize Telemedia, Limited, and several mobile phone companies ...

• Connecting to the internet in Belize
    Connecting to the internet in Belize

Belize enjoys decent internet coverage. Unfortunately it is slow and expensive. The country has many internet ...

• How to drive in Belize
    How to drive in Belize

In Belize, you can drive with an international driver's license, and you can often drive with a license from ...

• Where's the Beef?
    Where's the Beef?

Before visiting Belize to determine if it was a country we could permanently relocate to, we did an awful lot of ...

• Sports in Belize
    Sports in Belize

Sport has always been a part of Belizean life. Although the country does not have a lot in terms of professional ...

• Banking in Belize
    Banking in Belize

Belize was once known to be a real banking haven, a place where banking secrecy was guaranteed. The situation ...

• Childcare and education in Belize
    Childcare and education in Belize

If you are moving to Belize with your family, you likely have questions about child care and education. There are ...

• Customs in Belize
    Customs in Belize

Every country regulates what can and cannot cross its borders to prevent the spread of disease, adhere to local ...

All of Belize's guide articles