When does SingPass gets disabled upon exiting SG?

I had lived in Singapore for over a decade as working professional on an Employment Pass. I exited SG in December Last year. I had paid my due taxes before exiting and ensured that tax balances showed zero in my IRAS profile (I had also printed it out just in case).

Today I recieved an SMS from IRAS (legit): "you need to file your 2023 tax return this year. this is a reminder to file by 18 Apr at IRAS myTax portal. you may be fined up to $5,000 if you file late".

I obviously wanted to double check my profile again on IRAS myTax portal but to my surprise, my SingPass no longer works phone app / web login. resetting password / retrieving credentials is not an option as it requires "date of application" which i dont have.

Question:

1. Is this something to be concerned about?
  2. is it a norm that SingPass gets disabled when you exit Singapore? is paying your taxes a factor when they disable it?

Thank you

Non-residents do not have access to resident services and thus no SingPass.

Normally, your employer has to do the final tax declaration (and pay the dues from your withheld last month salary) when you leave the country. Maybe that was not done?

You should contact IRAS and ask what still needs to be done and how to do it from abroad!

Hi @beppi , Thanks for providing these insights. I understand, that i am no longer a resident and hence my SingPass etc. be disabled.

on settlement of tax in my case this is what happened

1. The withheld amount wasn't enough to cover my taxes and employer had partially paid my due taxes and informed me to pay rest of it.
  2. i had paid rest of the due taxes prior to my departure. in fact after leaving in december myTax IRAS worked for me until end of feb i wanted to be doubly-sure and printed out acount statement as my due balance as 0.

in any case, let me give them a call and clarify. thank you Beppi, as always you are extremely helpful