Menu
Expat.com

Bahrain to Kuwait Work Visa

Last activity 18 April 2023 by AK1991

AK1991

Assalaamwa'laikum everyone,

I am an Indian expat, and I have an investor visa in Bahrain. And recently I have an opportunity to work in Kuwait.

The employer will be applying after eid.

My questions are:

1. How do I do my medical?

2. Pcc is required?

3. What way can I make it easier for my employer so that I don't need to go to India since I am a resident of Bahrain for 10 years plus and I was living in Kuwait in childhood upto teenage.

Please guide me someone.

legacy

I believe your best bet would be the employer, ask them to find out this information. I'm pretty sure there is a shortcut for you that would not require you to do your medical tests in India, but they're the best bet to find out. Or, reach out to the Kuwaiti Embassy in Bahrain. Most important, be sure to let them know you were living in Kuwait previously, and provide them with a copy of your old visa from an old passport, so they issue you the same Civil ID #, coz if they issue you another one with a different number, it'll take longer to fix.

RAJASRI

may be pcc and medical will be required

as pcc is  valid for6 m only and medical 3 m

RAJASRI

its more likely pcc would be needed from India

but medical could be done in bahrain

AK1991
I believe your best bet would be the employer, ask them to find out this information. I'm pretty sure there is a shortcut for you that would not require you to do your medical tests in India, but they're the best bet to find out. Or, reach out to the Kuwaiti Embassy in Bahrain. Most important, be sure to let them know you were living in Kuwait previously, and provide them with a copy of your old visa from an old passport, so they issue you the same Civil ID #, coz if they issue you another one with a different number, it'll take longer to fix.
-@legacy

I will visit the Kuwait embassy tomorrow InshaaAllah to check with them. I have informed the employer to discuss with the agent about this.

AK1991
its more likely pcc would be needed from India
but medical could be done in bahrain
-@RAJASRI

There is a good conduct certificate service in Bahrain. Can that be used?

AK1991
Assalaamwa'laikum everyone,
I am an Indian expat, and I have an investor visa in Bahrain. And recently I have an opportunity to work in Kuwait.

The employer will be applying after eid.

My questions are:
1. How do I do my medical?
2. Pcc is required?
3. What way can I make it easier for my employer so that I don't need to go to India since I am a resident of Bahrain for 10 years plus and I was living in Kuwait in childhood upto teenage.

Please guide me someone.
-@AK1991

So I went to the Kuwaiti Embassy today morning.

He clearly told me you don't need to leave Bahrain. It's senseless. Let's cut it short.

You need,

Valid employment visa (original or copy)

Good conduct certificate attested with Foregin affairs

Passport size photo with blue background

Take these document to the Kuwaiti embassy once you have it

They will provide you a medical card (like a pass to the center appointed).

The medical center is located in Salmaniya (Bahrain Medical Laboratory)

You have to submitted your Passport sized photo to the medical center.

The price for medical is 40 BD. Once done go home and enjoy your day.

The report will submitted to the Kuwait embassy by the medical center, you don't have to visit them again.

The next day you will visit the Kuwaiti embassy with your passport.

If you pass the medical. The embassy will provide you a time (2-4 hours after you submitted). To collect your passport and your visa.

You are now ready to depart Bahrain for your visit to Kuwait.

Hope this info helps poeple going to Kuwait from Bahrain on work visa (I assume the family visa process will be the same) thank you everyone who tried to help.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Kuwait

• Visas for Kuwait
    Visas for Kuwait

Obtaining a visa for Kuwait can be complex, with options ranging from short-term visits to long-term residencies, ...

• Leisure activities in Kuwait
    Leisure activities in Kuwait

People might assume there isn't much to do in Kuwait as the country is so small, but that would be wrong! The ...

• Banking and finances in Kuwait
    Banking and finances in Kuwait

Soon after arriving in Kuwait, you will likely want to open a Kuwaiti bank account. Opening a bank account can be ...

• How to drive in Kuwait
    How to drive in Kuwait

If you are planning to move to Kuwait, obtaining a driver's license should be at the top of your to-do list! While ...

• Find the best location to live in Kuwait
    Find the best location to live in Kuwait

It is important for us to live in a community that we feel comfortable and secured. I wrote this article for ...

• Phones and internet in Kuwait
    Phones and internet in Kuwait

Staying in touch with friends and family both inside and outside of Kuwait couldn't be easier with today's ...

• Accommodation in Kuwait
    Accommodation in Kuwait

One of the first things you will need to take care of when moving to Kuwait is your accommodation. If you're ...

• The tax system in Kuwait
    The tax system in Kuwait

One of the most attractive features of working in Kuwait for expats is its tax-free personal income environment. ...

All of Kuwait's guide articles