American couple in the process of moving to Valencia (greater Valencia)

Hi, this is Carol and Harry, we are a retired American couple in the process of moving to Spain specifically to the greater Valencia area. Hopefully no later than October 2023. We are interested in where to live in that area (outside of Valencia city) as well as what health insurance provider to choose, where to learn Spanish and of course to find places to meet other Americans once we are in Spain. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Hello Carol and Harry,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Valencia forum so that members can guide you.

While waiting for members to respond, I suggest that you read the article on Accommodation in the Living in Valencia guide for expats. You may also order free quotes from our Health Insurance partners here : Your expat health insurance in Valencia

All the best

Bhavna

@hzmuda

Hello.   I'm also moving to Valencia with my husband this fall.   We are planning our trip in early October to purchase an apartment.  We're moving from Florida and planning to retire.  We hope to be settled in my end of the year.  Where are you in your process?   Look forward to meeting you one day soon.  Lynn and Mark

Hi Lynn, I live in florida  (Boca and now Delray) as well and searching for info in Valencia. On May I visited Sevilla and Malaga, and love those cities. Planning on going to visit Valencia next year and would like to have your feedback on d apt search experience, maybe the safest neighborhoods or the real estate agent working with...thanks in advance for your input :)

I chose Valencia after visiting up and down the coast, it's not huge but big enough, full of culture and history but also easy to get around. I have bought an apartment in Cullera 30mins south, Valencia was above my budget. I thoroughly recommend Valencia Properties real estate, Gavin or Graham. They helped not only with the search but with getting a bank account,  solicitor, NIE, getting the services connected... brilliant. All the best!

@musiclynk321 were you able to buy as a tourist?

@hzmuda ***

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct