English speakers in Cap d'Agde

I am interested in meeting up with any English people in Cap d'Agde occasionally. We are a retired couple with a holiday apartment here, but have not met any expats recently. I see some messages from 2016 about meeting up, and wondered if there are any groups or like minded people who would like to get together.

Helo Lizpaulawhite,

Welcome on board !

Have you been able to meet up with english speakers ?

I was wondering if you could find some english speakers at cafes maybe ?

All the best

Bhavna

From what I remember of Cap D'Agde, I wouldn't have thought language would have been a problem.

BTW. Does ANYONE understand French licencing laws? I thought bars were supposed to stay open for all of their advertised hours? We have an Irish pub in Montbrison who, despite clearly showing his "opening" hours on the front window,is actually closed frequently during these hours( particularly Sat afternoon) and often seems to run this place like a private club for his friends. Any ideas?

Hi Liz

You could try joining anglophone Facebook groups such as Ladies in Languedoc (LIL) which has over 5,000 members all through the region. Events are often advertised on there - from the CSF (Cancer Support France) charity Walk for Life this coming Sunday 21st May in Faugères to the LSR (Refugees charity) pub quiz on the 22nd in Pézenas, as well as wine domaine events etc. There are also local FB groups in and around you - definitely in Marseillan. Good luck and hope you find some chums soon!

Hi, moved here a few months back. Created English Speakers in Agde Facebook page or just reply to this. Thanks

Stephanos Christen

@lizpaulawhite

Hi Paula, Got here a few months back. You can check me out on my facebook page(s)

Stephanos Christen

English Speakers in Agde