Update on eVisa ports, and link for Visa On Arrival

I wrote the following, here, as a response to a Vietnam forum member question. Thought it would be useful to members here as well.

to:    eVisa Support <support@laoevisa.gov.la>

date: 15 May 2023, 15:08

subject:    eVisa crossing points and Visa on Arrival

mailed-by:    gmail.com

Hello.

I have been told that Lao "Visa On Arrival" is available at the Nam Khan, Bo Y, Tay Trang, Cau Treo and Lao Bao crossings. Is this true? I could not find confirmation on your website.

Also, at which land crossings from Vietnam are Lao eVisas accepted?

Thank you very much. Your reply to me back in June 2022 was very helpful.

Kind regards,

Aidan

------------

their response

------------

to:    Aidan <*****gmail.com>

date:  15 May 2023, 16:49

subject:    Re: [Ticket#20230515*****] eVisa crossing points and Visa on Arrival

mailed-by:    em4059.laoevisa.gov.la

Signed by:    laoevisa.gov.la

security:    Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more

Dear Aidan

Lao eVisa can be used to enter 8 international ports:

Wattay International Airport  (Vientiane Capital).

Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I  (Vientiane Capital) .

Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province).

Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savannakhet Province) .

Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province).

Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge IV (Bokeo Province).

Boten International Checkpoint (Luang Namtha Province

Boten Railway Station (Luang Namtha Province

eVisa not valid in Vietnam border port,

you can check for visa on arrival on this website: https://immigration.gov.la/checkpoints/ (link)

Lao eVisa Support Team

Consular Department,

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR

Email: support@laoevisa.gov.la - Web: https://www.laoevisa.gov.la

------------

Hope this helps.

Apparently, "officially" the only land crossing in to Laos from Vietnam where a visa on arrival can be issued is at Lao Bao, Vietnam - Laos border (entering Laos there through the Daensavan crossing). No other land crossing are able to issue a visa on arrival, and no land crossings from VN accept a Laos eVisa.

I am just a little suspicious about the "official" webpage's information though.

The email received earlier today indicated that Boten Railway Station accepts eVisas, yet the webpage shows that it does not. This is a China crossing. I'm concerned as it calls into question just how current the page's information is.

(copied from this post)

@ Aidan thank you for the information given. I have pinned this topic at the top of the forum for members to better access the information.

Have a nice day

Bhavna

Apparently, "officially" the only land crossing in to Laos from Vietnam where a visa on arrival can be issued is at Lao Bao, Vietnam - Laos border (entering Laos there through the Daensavan crossing). No other land crossing are able to issue a visa on arrival, and no land crossings from VN accept a Laos eVisa.
I am just a little suspicious about the "official" webpage's information though.

The email received earlier today indicated that Boten Railway Station accepts eVisas, yet the webpage shows that it does not. This is a China crossing. I'm concerned as it calls into question just how current the page's information is.

(copied from this post)
-@Aidan in HCMC

The official webpage, List of All International Checkpoints and status of Visa On Arrival and eVisa, has now been updated.

Now showing Boten Railway Station as accepting eVisas.

Thanks for the update Aidan.

Things tend to move slowly in Govt agencies here. Friends tell me Boten all ok.

I wrote the following, here, as a response to a Vietnam forum member question. Thought it would be useful to members here as well.
to:  eVisa Support <support@laoevisa.gov.la>
date: 15 May 2023, 15:08
subject:  eVisa crossing points and Visa on Arrival
mailed-by:  gmail.com

Hello.
I have been told that Lao "Visa On Arrival" is available at the Nam Khan, Bo Y, Tay Trang, Cau Treo and Lao Bao crossings. Is this true? I could not find confirmation on your website.
Also, at which land crossings from Vietnam are Lao eVisas accepted?
Thank you very much. Your reply to me back in June 2022 was very helpful.
Kind regards,
Aidan

------------
their response
------------

to:  Aidan <*****gmail.com>
date: 15 May 2023, 16:49
subject:  Re: [Ticket#20230515*****] eVisa crossing points and Visa on Arrival
mailed-by:  em4059.laoevisa.gov.la
Signed by:  laoevisa.gov.la
security:  Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more

Dear Aidan
Lao eVisa can be used to enter 8 international ports:
  Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital).
  Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital) .
  Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province).
  Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savannakhet Province) .
  Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province).
  Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge IV (Bokeo Province).
  Boten International Checkpoint (Luang Namtha Province
  Boten Railway Station (Luang Namtha Province

eVisa not valid in Vietnam border port,
you can check for visa on arrival on this website: https://immigration.gov.la/checkpoints/ (link)

Lao eVisa Support Team
Consular Department,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR
Email: support@laoevisa.gov.la - Web: https://www.laoevisa.gov.la
------------

Hope this helps.
-@Aidan in HCMC

I just shared your very helpful post with a traveler in a F.B. group. 😎👍

An added point regarding Laos:

A normal visa stamp in a foreigner's passport can be obtained at the Laos Embassy in Hanoi (I've done that one before and been in and out of there in an hour) and at the Laos Consulate General in Đà Nẵng.

With the approved tourist visa stamp in passport, entry into Laos should be allowed at every border crossing, but of course I don't know if there's an obscure law that doesn't allow that everywhere.

However, not all border crossings into Laos are also approved for reentry into Vietnam on an e-visa (Nam Giang checkpoint in Quảng Nam province is one such place where evisa re-entry is not approved).

I've got the word out to an agent friend to double-check and see whether or not 45 day Visa exemptions are limited to the same entry points approved for e-visa into Vietnam.

I thought perhaps I read somewhere that the new border crossing list applies to both categories, but I'd like to find that in writing somewhere to say it for certain.