L type card processing time

hello ,

When I applied L type card in commune, they informed that maximum time taken for decision is 5 months and if any decision is not taken you can come after 5 months to commune for further processing.

Now 5 month period is over and commune is still asking me to wait for decision from ministry, it has been 12+  days after 5 months.

any idea what to do in this case , or have any one faced similar situation.

@guestuserbrs

If you visited Commune 2nd time and they asked to Wait then we need to Wait.

Commune gets more information from Immigration from the backend office. It was the same in my case

Any time now, You will receive a positive decision. Don't worry. Immigration has too much backlog but they do need to check your file before the final confirmation. Keep an eye on the mijndossier (history of consultation of your dossier) and see when and how many time IBZ have checked your file and post it here. Maybe we can create a pattern.

@eshwarraj09 thanks for the update, i will wait and update here

@guestuserbrs from which commune are you? I also applied for L card and my commune (Gent) already gave me an appointment for 5 months later.

@guestuserbrs Hi,

What you mention is correct.

Apparently there is a new rule that came into effect few weeks ago where even if you finish 5 months, you need to wait for an answer from the Ministry.

So the auto approval after 5 months seems to be removed. :(

My close friend is also going through the same and received the same answer from the commune.

@BMM996210 Is there any official link to the latest legislation/law on the immigration website regarding the waiting period after the 5-month period is over? Because there has to be something official stated by immigration. Otherwise, It could be that commune is making stuff up

@BMM996210 Is there any official link to the latest legislation/law on the immigration website regarding the waiting period after the 5-month period is over? Because there has to be something official stated by immigration. Otherwise, It could be that commune is making stuff up
-@ARMaliq

In most of the federal and regional government websites, they only state that "it will take maximum 5 months for the ministry to make a decision on the application". The same statement is printed in the Annexe 16bis document also. However, they never say or mention anything about what will happen after 5 months if there are no responses from the ministry/commune.

Only some other websites are quoting that they will automatically provide the L card in the absence of a decision after 5 months. The below information is fetched from a website that seems to be providing support for Asylum seekers.

https://asylumineurope.org/reports/coun … nce/#_ftn5

"In the event of a positive decision, or the absence of a decision after 5 months, the applicant will be included in the civil register and receive an electronic L-card with a validity of 10 years and the mention “EU – long-term resident”."

@ARMaliq what entry shall I look for in MonDossiers , I dont see any entry as IBZ for last 6 month

@guestuserbrs Which link for MonDossiers ? I tried this https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be  but it is not working. I would like to consult my file.

Thanks

@AppuBala

I faced similar issue, here is how I managed to open it:

-clear cache in browser

-connect your eid reader, put your card in

-open browser and then go to the website

It will work

@AppuBala by the way, when did you applied for the L card and in which commune?

@guestuserbrs To see if IBZ has consulted your dossier with a history of residence.

@ARMaliq Hi, nothing is mentioned online. So not sure what is happening.

We see multiple people giving the same comments in various other forums here.

@guestuserbrs I applied on Jan 31 and I live in Vilvoorde

@guestuserbrs Thanks let me try that way

@BMM996210 This is the first time I'm hearing this, I'm which commune it is happening?

@AppuBala Brussels...

6 months over now and still no response from ministry , current card will expire in one and half month. What to do in this case, any suggestion

@guestuserbrs Did you go again to the cityhall and enquire?

@guestuserbrs ask an annex 49 from stadhuis - districtshuis

My L card was rejected just before last few weeks of 5months time.

The reason informed by commune is I was employed as “posted worker” under Indian contract from an Indian Employer.

@BMM996210 no, not again

Hello @AppuBala ,

If you don't mind, could you please let me know ,

How you were informed about this via email? How long have you been on local payroll and have started paying social security ?

@guestuserbrs I was informed through email. I started my local contract since Feb 2023. I am paying social security since Oct 2022.

@AppuBala thanks for information.

Good luck for next time, by the way , did they mentioned , when you can apply again?

status update:

it has been around 8 months and there has been no decision from ministry,

I asked commune and they said that they have been informed not to give L card till ministry approves , so got my A card prolonged.

@guestuserbrs any updates on your L card?

status update:
it has been around 8 months and there has been no decision from ministry,

I asked commune and they said that they have been informed not to give L card till ministry approves , so got my A card prolonged.

-@guestuserbrs

Which commune?

Hi,

Has anybody applied for L card online? I have seen a lot of posts about L card and how they went to the commune to apply, so I am wondering if I have to go to the commune as well.

I couldn't make an appointment to apply for L card on the website of Stad Antwerpen, but I could apply for it online after sending in my ID, health insurance and 3 payslips. According to the website, I will get a response in 5 months.

Can someone please share their experience applying online?

Thanks

I have applied for L card and the commune said to wait for 5 months. However I have a freind got his L card just after 1 month :o, I do not know how was that possible.

@Plzmm

Hi, for L card in some communes of Antwerp, Gent and other its done online.

I just had to send in all my documents to their email and once they register the file we will get a response that its filed along with Appedix 16 (Bijlage 1).

They also gave me an appointment of 5 Months + 1 day to come and apply for the physical L card. In the email it was also mentioned that the decision will only be known after 5 months and there was no need to contact them eariler :).

In case there are some documents/information missing they inform you and your application goes on hold until we send it again.

@Fahdijbeli

He is lucky and perhaps hid documents were all correct :),

good to know that it is also possible to get the L card in such short notice.

updates?