Digital Nomad and SEF appointment

I recently got a digital nomad visa from the US and was given a SEF appointment in Lisbon.  They said that I should receive my residence card at this appointment (or soon after). 

Anyone know what I need to do in preparation for this appointment? (e.g. what documents I need, etc.).

Also, I am assuming it is a temporary residence card.  Any idea of how long the residence card may be good for?  (e.g. 1 year, 2 years?)

Thanks!   

Hey Vincent -

Can you please share

• What consulate did you have ur visa from?
  • how long did they take to process your visa?
  • how did they determine the date of your SEF appointment?
  • For your FBI bg check - what did you provide? The digital print out or an unopened mailed copy?

i have my appointment tomorrow in DC and would SO appreciate this information.

search digital nomad visa in this site and you'll find a thread with the documents needed for SEF.

all the best!

Hey D P Vincent,

Your thread is now on the Lisbon forum.1f603.svg

Feel free to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Vincent,

Some help here. I think the appointment at the SEF office for a digital nomad visa should be similar to the D7 visa, although the required documents are different:

What to expect at your first portuguese D7 residency Visa appointment in the SEF office

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5388099

(Post #23)

Portuguese Digital Nomad Visa (D8 Visa) & required documents

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1006006

Regards

@DRosen So sorry for the delay in response (just saw your questions).  I hope all went ok with your appt. 

If you have further questions, let me know. 

@D P Vincent

thank you, my visa intake appointment went well. Though they didn't have clarity about how long to expect for them to process my visa. They let me keep my passport and told me the consulate will contact me when they need it?

my questions for you remain

Which consulate  did you have your visa processed?

How long did it take for them to process in business days?

Did you keep your passport as well? And if so, when did they ask for your passport in relation to receiving your final visa :)

thanks in advance!!

@DRosen Ola - They also let me take my passport with me.  I believe they typically like to keep them, so once they receive the approval from SEF, they can process them (paste the visa in the Passport).