Menu
Expat.com

Changing sponsorship after contract terminated

Last activity 04 July 2023 by OFW Riyadh

Fazal Anikkaden

Assalamualaikkum

I need a clarification that after termination of our job contract can we change the sponsorship when the iqama were not expired

nasratwall

@Fazal Anikkaden

Who terminated the contract, you or the employer and what was the reason behind it?

Fazal Anikkaden

@nasratwall

Contract terminated by employee

And notice period 60 days finished

AK001

Due to said reason of termination, employee cant change the sponsor and if he changed the sponsor if any cases employer has the right to ask about his expenses if the contract is not completed.

OFW Riyadh

always ask your employer if they will allow you to transfer. When i transfer to other company, qiwa shows i dont have existing contract since my previous company did not renew it and asked me to stay for additional 2 months and my iqama is still valid under my previous employer. Despite no existing contract, it still trigger approval from my previous employer to transfer to new employer. If you come in saudi arabia via company visa, its their right to send you back home and not allow you to transfer when you finish or cancel the contract.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles