Help wanted: Naklua - plumber/handyman for dishwasher+garbage disposal

So, our first full day back in Pattaya has been very successful, missed on a couple of things:  we need a handyman/plumber/smart guy who can install a dishwasher and a garbage disposal.  All the gear was purchased this morning at HomePro but they lack the capability to install either device, hence asking here (and on Reddit r/Pattaya).  The dishwasher involves plumbing + cutting the existing kitchen counter.  The garbage disposal is a plumbing job.

We have a lead on a handyman tomorrow morning, looking for alternatives if this gentleman doesn't work out.  The gear is 7 to 12 days until delivery.  Thanks in advance and cheers!

So, our first full day back in Pattaya has been very successful, missed on a couple of things: we need a handyman/plumber/smart guy who can install a dishwasher and a garbage disposal. All the gear was purchased this morning at HomePro but they lack the capability to install either device, hence asking here (and on Reddit r/Pattaya). The dishwasher involves plumbing + cutting the existing kitchen counter. The garbage disposal is a plumbing job.
We have a lead on a handyman tomorrow morning, looking for alternatives if this gentleman doesn't work out. The gear is 7 to 12 days until delivery. Thanks in advance and cheers!
-@pr3d4t0r

I googled plumbers Banglamung district and there were several hits.(You can of course change the search phrase and see if there are other hits.) They will also show up on Google Maps. You can click on each of them and see what they are specialized in and even see reviews. Some just do clogged toilets,so skip them. If they can install a washer machine,then they can install a dish washer. They won't probably speak any english, so you might need a Thai person to help you.   

Thanks — going through that, my real estate guy let's me use his assistant's services (99% is translation) through the end of the week.  You rock!  Executing on your recommendation tomorrow.  Today was a rough health-issues day for my gang, tomorrow back to making this a home 👽🙏🏻

@pr3d4t0r Looking for services where you don't speak the native language sounds like a nightmare. This definitely changes my thinking about living and working abroad. Wish you the best of luck.

@benguyen wrote:

Looking for services where you don't speak the native language sounds like a nightmare. This definitely changes my thinking about living and working abroad. Wish you the best of luck.

Hi!  These turned out to be non-issues.

1. Dishwasher -- Asked the condo administrator; they recommended a guy with lots of experience installing dishwashers.  ฿1,200 and done.  3-day wait to get in his calendar once Lazada delivered the dishwasher.  The HomePro dishwasher was 2 cm too tall, wouldn't fit under the granite counter.  Total time from purchase to operational dishwasher == 8 days.
  2. Counter -- my cleaning lady's husband is a handy man.  Cleaning lady works for my real estate agent, and several other owners use her services.  Her husband is the "go to guy" for most people in the building.  That was easy.  ฿7,000 worth of carpentry, the counter + dishwasher look like they were built in place from the beginning.
  3. This was resolved after I left Thailand, so we didn't even need to be there for it -- it was a bigger job
  4. Garbage disposal -- Teka brand.  Found out that Teka has certified technicians in Pattaya.  Contacted them through LINE + Google Translate, 2-day wait for installation after the garbage disposal arrived; 9 days for the HomePro delivery to show up.

Don't be concerned about living abroad and figuring out necessities.  It's quite easy once you have boots on the ground.  It took us maybe 2 weeks to figure out how to get around/find stuff around Pattaya, and I don't count the first 3 days because we were still jet lagged and groggy.  The key, regardless of country, is to establish a network of people upon whom you can rely as soon as you hit the ground.  We've been an expat for large portions of my professional life all over Europe and Asia, Thailand was a little more challenging because of the higher language barrier, but not much.  You may have noticed I don't post questions here and participate less often.  I have now a small but reliable network of on-line resources, friends, and acquaintances upon whom I can rely for assistance when needed.  expat.com is a great "initial resource" but being there for networking and supplementing on-line resources with other sites or venues is a good idea.

The counterexample to my post was solving an issue with my Internet service.  Cleaning lady disconnected the router because of the heavy rains and lightning some time in mid-August, as a precaution.  The router was LOS (Loss Of Signal).  I fixed it from the United States by reporting the issue through the 3BB iPhone app the day before the cleaning lady was due, and then asking her to please unplug/plug the router when she went to check on the house.  Router is all green lights and making happy noises, I can connect to my gear in Pattaya from anywhere in the world again.  10-min on the iPhone (3BB, Google Translate, LINE) and problem solved.

Cheers!

@pr3d4t0r

That the way to do it. Use Thai in your life and around you is all ways the best option.

And see it was not hard at all.

To many foreigner panic to easy here in Thailand, It is not hard at all.

And convinces them self it is impossible before they give it a try.

I being saying this since i move here (Use Thai in your life and around you) and all ways get some heat from it...

NEVER use google for things like this.

Why do people want a random shop, with people you have no idea if they can do the work you looking for ?

Do people care so little about there homes, That they let anyone do it ?

I am not really asking you, Only i find is so strange that some people are that way.

But people can do what they want, Up to them.

Good to read about you, Hope you have a great time in Thailand..

Kindly

Good to read about you, Hope you have a great time in Thailand..

Thanks!  You have a lovely and productive day!

@pr3d4t0r i have one in bkk area if you ever need it.  He may trave to Huahin if you are not in a hurry. hes pretty good currently working on my house at Pathum Thani.