Accommodation for a couple with 1 child (4 year)

Hello All, Having below questions as we are moving end of the August with my spouse and kid (4 y/o)-

1. As i would be having immediate joining after moving there, can we book long term stay rent apartment before moving?
  2. For temporary stay, which cities are better near Amsterdam?
  3. As we are  family of 3, can we stay in rented property with 1 bedroom hall kitchen or there is any law to stay in 2 bedroom hall kitchen property?
  4. Any suggestion how much international schools actually charged per month as per 2023 fees deails?

Hello All, Having below questions as we are moving end of the August with my spouse and kid (4 y/o)-

As i would be having immediate joining after moving there, can we book long term stay rent apartment before moving?
For temporary stay, which cities are better near Amsterdam?
As we are family of 3, can we stay in rented property with 1 bedroom hall kitchen or there is any law to stay in 2 bedroom hall kitchen property?
Any suggestion how much international schools actually charged per month as per 2023 fees deails?

-@Vivek Agg

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

To answer your questions:

• There's nothing stopping you, but it's highly unlikely that anybody will rent you anything before you are resident in the country.
  • The nearer to Amsterdam you live, the more you will pay for accommodation; my advice is to ask your peers where they live and what the local housing situation is.
  • There are rules related to room sizes and what % of that relates to sleeping accommodation for new build properties, but in rental, I suspect you will have more latitude; if you have a young child, the social services may have an issue with you all living in one room, best to ask.
  • There is a website that lists international schools worldwide, this link will take you straight to the section for the Netherlands, it includes a section on fees.

Perhaps you should consider something like an Airbnb before you make your mind up; you should be aware that there is a chronic shortage of rental accommodation all over the Netherlands; social accommodation is now reserved for Asylum seekers.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team