Getting permanent residency

I have temporary (2) year PR and a Cedula...how do I get to full permanent residency at the end of 2 years...intention is to live permanently in Paraguay. I have purchased a condo property for $130K USD.

Mike

@KL7AR

Couldn't you have qualified already under the business investment route? I believe investing in a condo qualifies you.

I wanted to take some time too look around for a nice Condo...yes i am hoping that the purchase of a condo will qualify me for Permanent Residency at the end of two years. Do you know a good immigration lawyer i can consult with?

Mike

@btevans I don't believe it does. You'll need to be running a business that employs at least 5 Paraguayans.

@KL7AR After the two years of temporary residence, you'll qualify for a 10-year permanent residence with or without a condo. You'll be able to use the condo title to prove economic solvency.

Do people need to demonstrate an income or a means to support themselves for the temporary residency? I never heard Caleb Jones mention it when he was promoting this on his YouTube channel?

@Mr. Barley No, they don't require you to prove economic solvency for the TEMPORARY residence visa.

Caleb is not a lawyer, he is a Youtuber. Having said that, in one of his videos, Caleb mentions the $5000 deposit required for the permanent visa (in order for one to prove economic solvency). Nevertheless, if you own a house, or have a college degree, you are able to provide one of those documents (property title or university title) to immigration as proof of economic solvency.

Caleb is the one that calls Paraguay a second-world country. I don't even believe that such definition of a country exists. I live here, it's a third world country.

No, they don't require you to prove economic solvency for the TEMPORARY residence visa.

Nevertheless, if you own a house, or have a college degree, you are able to provide one of those documents (property title or university title) to immigration as proof of economic solvency.

I think I read that  temporary residency can be renewed? If you don't need to prove economic solvency, it sounds as if one can stay there for quite a while?

@Mr. Barley How's that so? You DO need to prove economic solvency for the permanent residency visa, not for the temporary one. The temporary visa is for 2 years, which then you can exchange it for a permanent visa (proving economic solvency). A temporary visa is TEMPORARY, it does not allow you to stay in Paraguay indefinitely.

Ok thanks.  What you say is logical and what I would expect. I just thought I heard someone say that.

@Mr. Barley 99.9% of temporary residents will apply for permanent residency visa after the two years of temporary residency. You have the option to extend your temporary resident status in Paraguay for another two years (4 years in total). However, the temporary visa route ends up being more expensive and, more importantly, if you want to become a citizen, you need to be a permanent resident first.

• It begins with two years of temporary residency; you apply to become a permanent resident at the end of those two years.

• If you wish to prove your solvency through a deposit (instead of a university degree, property title, etc.), there is no deposit to leave in the bank for the temporary residency. You must DECLARE that you have a profession/money to survive in Paraguay but must not prove it for the temporary resident status.

• Temporary residents also have an ID card and have the same rights regarding everyday life as permanent residents, however that does not give you a pathway to citizenship.

@KL7AR  Under the current rules you can obtain the PR with the needed paperwork and proof of a degree or employment.  You can agree to have a business but that can be risky since, as I understand it, if the business fails you can be kicked out.  I'm retired so I can simply use my pension.