Menu
Expat.com

Getting WeChat Pay while on a tourist visa

Last activity 24 August 2023 by Mike004

Mike004

I have been working online teaching for five years, while living in Asia.  During that time, I have been using a service that allows parents to pay using WeChat Pay, with high fees.  I am planning to visit Malaysia for 3 months beginning at the end of September. I saw that people in Malaysia can sign up for WeChat Pay.  Does anyone know if a foreigner can sign up for WeChat Pay while on a tourist visa in Malaysia?

I would love to be able to cut out the middle man or, in this case, Stripe.  I appreciate any help people can provide.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malaysia

• Banking in Malaysia
    Banking in Malaysia

According to the Expat Explorer survey conducted by HSBC in 2021, Malaysia ranks 26th in the world for expats, ...

• Driving in Malaysia
    Driving in Malaysia

You are moving to Malaysia and want to drive for work or travel there? Follow our guide!

• Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods
    Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods

Kuala Lumpur is a real megalopolis, surrounded by suburbs and neighborhoods so different from each other that they ...

• Internships in Malaysia
    Internships in Malaysia

Are you a student or recent graduate who wishes to develop your expertise while experiencing a work environment ...

• Buying property in Kuala Lumpur
    Buying property in Kuala Lumpur

When you plan to move to another country or another city, your first concern is undoubtedly where you are going to ...

• The Malaysian lifestyle
    The Malaysian lifestyle

Malaysia is such a melting pot of geographical, cultural and social diversity that there is something for ...

• Phones and Internet in Malaysia
    Phones and Internet in Malaysia

Malaysians are known to be social media addicts, so there's no shame if internet access is one of your main ...

• Pregnancy and childbirth in Malaysia
    Pregnancy and childbirth in Malaysia

It is not always very easy to give birth to a child when you are far from your country and the support of your ...

All of Malaysia's guide articles