English man marrying Tunisian woman

Hi. First time posting on here.

So any information is appreciated.

I'm an English man and have had numerous holidays to hammamet, I met a beautiful tunisian woman and we clicked straight away, we have spoken lots and spent a lot of time together.

We have spoke about marriage and possibility of November however, im only there for 5 days, is this a realistic possibility?

I'm back out in hammamet in April 2024, for 2 weeks. Would this be a more realistic target to marry?

Is it the same process for a British man marrying a tunisian woman? I know the law changed in 2017 around tunisian women marrying non muslim men so just want to be well prepared.

I've tried to contact the tunisian Embassy in London but so far have had no reply.

Thank you in advance

Perhaps your girlfriend can check with local authorities for information/advice.

Do you require info on the person or just wondering about marriage from Muslim woman kindly be specific

Well Tunisian law doesn't prohibit marrying from Muslim.

If you require further info/svcs don't hesitate to contact me

@Yassine zairi

I'm due to travel to tunisia in November, can I apply for a marriage permit then, if I plan to marry in April next year?

Does the permit have an expiry date?

Or should I wait until April to take my documents then?

@adamhughes18.

Hi. From memory, even though the law has changed and now tunisian women can marry non Muslim men  that was only ever a very small part of the process. If you have been married before you will need your papers  along with certificate from the police to say that you haven't been in any trouble. You will need to post pre wedding bans in this country before going over when you do get. You will also need medical over there. In my case I went to std clinic here and tunisia accepted that without even looking at the paperwork  although plan on test there. Before the marriage you will need a new birth certificate. ( not sure if up to  2 weeks or a month  old) This is because tunisian birth certificates have marriage status on them. Check the various forums and continue to try to contact or get appointment at consulate in London. They sent some of my paperwork over prior to wedding. You will flso need certified translations of your documents. Some of these need are be done at the British embassy in tunis just prior to wedding and you may nit get them back for a day or so.You would need an appointments for this. Might be best to check everything out and plan for next April as not much time left before November. If you wish to bring your wife over to uk, then the marriage is a piece of cake compared to that.