How can I get a nursing job in Cape Verde?

I want to migrate to cape Verde as a nurse from Nigeria and I don't know how to speak Portuguese.

I want to migrate to cape Verde as a nurse from Nigeria and I don't know how to speak Portuguese.

-@nrsifesinachi

Unfortunately, you cannot work as a nurse in Cape Verde. You have to be licensed as a nurse in Cape Verde. You will have to pass the tests which are all in Portuguese. Furthermore, the patients you will work with only speak Portuguese.

If you cannot speak Portuguese, the official language of the country, then clearly, you will not be able to be qualified or perform as a nurse in Cape Verde. English is NOT spoken here.

Best regards,

Angelo

Try to find a job in one of the big hoteles,  a trained english speaking nurse is forsure something they want to have in their workforce. Someone that can take of minor blisters and emergencies is a very valuable part of their servicepackage. Good luck ;-)

Actually, this will probably be fruitless. First of all, it's not a full time job like say a medical worker in a hospital. It's not like the hotels are constantly having sick or injured guests.  Furthermore, as far as I know, the hotels utilize the local doctors (who speak English as a requirement of medical training in Portugal), and the local clinics. Why would they hire foreigners (whose credentials/qualifications are difficult to confirm?) Anyway, it's an interesting thought, but based on the reality, I don't believe the Nigerian nurse has any chance of being hired in Sal. Angelo

Try to find a job in one of the big hoteles,  a trained english speaking nurse is forsure something they want to have in their workforce. Someone that can take of minor blisters and emergencies is a very valuable part of their servicepackage. Good luck ;-)

-@BengtAKarlsson

@CVAngelo

This broke my heart truly. My great granfather immigrated to America from Cape Verde and I have been longing to reconnect to Cape Verde.  I've been looking at properties and plots… all research with no true action.  I am a RN in America and I only speak English. Your reply to the other person was like a boot to my chest …but I would rather straight forward dream killer than round the bush false hope.

Best Regards

@CVAngelo
This broke my heart truly. My great granfather immigrated to America from Cape Verde and I have been longing to reconnect to Cape Verde.  I've been looking at properties and plots… all research with no true action.  I am a RN in America and I only speak English. Your reply to the other person was like a boot to my chest …but I would rather straight forward dream killer than round the bush false hope.
Best Regards

-@Knight Creatrix

Hi there,

There's no need to be despondent. Cape Verde is a Portuguese-speaking country and all professionals have to be licensed in accordance with the laws. It doesn't mean you can't use your background and experience to start a business doing something else and serving English-speaking expats, immigrants and tourists. That's what I do and I make a very decent living here.

Have you visited Cape Verde as yet? There's a company run by a Cape Verdean American which specializes in connecting Americans with Cape Verdean roots to Cape Verde. They organize the entire trip and the itinerary. They take you to visit various islands to explore historical sites and engage in cultural activities. They can also assist you with obtaining dual citizenship based on your great granfather's citizenship.

FYI, there's a huge property development (approx 200 townhouses and condos) in one of the rural areas in Santiago, where everyone speaks English (the owners are all English-speaking expats).

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo

1f642.svg Thank you 1f64f.svg!!  This truly lifted my spirits!! I have never visited but would love to. The closest I've been was browsing the internet (Youtube mostly) - looking at videos of tourists and simply fell in love with what I was able to see.  I have always felt connected to beaches and the energy of an island - as I learned more about parts of my culture, I understood/understand why. And the “No Stress” moto is the epitome of how I wish to live.  I want a simple yet comfortable life with beautiful inspirational scenery and somewhere to grow lavendar, lemon grass etc and such.  I've grown tired of the “rat” race.

I have been researching places to invest, settle and live peacefully - in a place to thrive/belong. If that all makes sense. A rural community with other English speaking expats? Who would have “thunk” it? Gives me hope of not feeling so out of place.  I am excited to learn more about resources that are designed to guide me toward getting reconnected !! Music to my ears. I would love and looking forward to the opportunity to begin this journey. Something in my heart is leading me there. Also,  congratulations on your success there !!!

Thank You

@CVAngelo hi, how are you doing,  Please  I am from Benin republic but willing to relocate to Cape verde,  I am a professional chef 👨‍🍳,  please how can you help me

@CVAngelo I'm a consultant haematologist and I would like to come to Cape Verde to set up a standard Diagnostic centre and a super market with a mini pharmacy store,

I want to know the necessary documents I need to come with and also if the government will approve of it.