Kuwaiti man marrying a non-Kuwaiti woman allowed? Consequences?

My boyfriend is Kuwaiti and I'm from South Asia and we met while we both were studying in the UK. We are in a very serious relationship and have talked about marriage and future a lot of times, as we plan on getting married sometime in the near future. It won't be possible now as he's studying on a government scholarship as marrying legally would mean that his scholarship is taken away and he has to pay it all. Considering this, we decided to do a nikkah and be married Islamically if not legally now. However, we plan on getting married legally after he finishes his degree and gets a job and so he is financially solvent. Both our parents would not accept this relationship and we both agreed to it. He already has a job ready so he would start doing it as soon as he graduates. Then perhaps after a year, he plans on telling his parents and getting married to me. Can someone tell me the consequences of this, as in how would the Kuwaiti government to this? Would he be liable for anything or does he have to go back to Kuwait after he finishes his studies? As of now, he's an undergraduate student and is younger to me as I have completed my Masters. If I also may add, he is a Shia and i'm a Sunni. We both have discussed all our differences and everything else in depth and came to the conclusion that we want to marry each other, no matter what. Can someone tell me if there would be any consequences or anything I should be aware of?

have you already married him islamically ???????

and , did he met your parents or not yet ???????????????????????????????

@ahmed197666 yes we married Islamically but no he has not met my parents of course. My parents know of him slightly and they disapprove because different nationality and all. It's very complicated but I just wanted to know is there a chance he would have to return to Kuwait after he finishes his studies or something else? Or are there any consequences?

@melancholy_0998 some situation with me 🥹😢

@ahmed197666 she can marry or no in kuwaiti government the  are ok marry for a foreign

Omg, I have no answer to this but I wish you the best of luck and hope you can stay together!

There are no consequences from the Kuwaiti government regarding educational scholarships for married people. There are also many Kuwaitis married to foreigners, some of whom are non-Muslims, and this is not a strange thing. I strongly advise you to hasten in announcing this marriage, especially to his family, because the married Kuwaiti is financially secure, so what is the money? No problem, I also wish you luck 👍🏻

@muslima2770102

the law dosent forbid marriage with foreigner .

but , there are families who dont welcome marriage with foreigners

religously - you are ok.

legally - you are ok.

Colloquially? It will be difficult.

Kuwaiti's get a bunch of benefits for marrying Kuwaitis, second to GCC citizens, then arab nationals, then non-arab. Society in general, and mentality, is geared towards Kuwaiti marrying Kuwaiti.

You will have a hard road ahead when you move here, even if his family is open to the idea of marrying a foreigner, some members of society are against it.

Best of luck.