Womens life in Lebanon

Hello to all the women out there!

I am a little desperate and looking for a community. My lebanese partner wants to go back very soon ( Im german, we're living in germany and he was born here too )

His family lives in the south of lebanon and I want to know how life for me as a non muslim woman would be.

I would love some advice and insights and would love to network

Hello Charlene, hope you are doing well,

First of all, we are welcoming you to Lebanon, and we hope to have a good  journey here.

In general Lebanon is an open minded country, Also it's a great country for you to get some fun and tourism, cause it has a beautiful places.

The advices are take care about your self carefully, and Lebanon like any country have the good face and bad face.

Good luck, and welcome again..

If you need any help this is my number: 009***

Moderated by Bhavna 12 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It depends on the community whether  conservative or liberal. generally speaking, all foreigners apart from their religions are welcome and i believe that you will get a lot support from lebanese people because they are open minded. wishing you happy days

Thank u for your quick replies ❤️

My main concern is really the role of  a woman in a traditional family

or how am I seen as a woman if i dont wear a hijab for example in the southern regions

Your insights are very much appreciated

Not all women wearing Hijab at southern lebanon. it depends on the district and community. However, people respect women no matter wether wearing hijab or not,

@anawam

thank you  😍

@Charlene H46 not wearing a hijab is never a problem in lebanon and no one will force yiu to do it, u will always be respected. In return, they might have some boundries that you have to respect since these boundaries have been since ages ago so all what u have to do is to accommodate yourself accordingly, nothing is personal just go with the flow. few examples, if they dont drink alcohol and u do you have to let go of it, if they are conservative u cannot appear infront of everyone with your sleeping cloth ( this is common everywhere i guess) .. so on dear.

be respectful and you will be respected and treated like a queen

@fullas thank you that is easing my mind a little ☺️

@Charlene H46 Hi Charlene,

From my experience, I can share that my brother is married to a Norwegian, and she has never faced any problems within the community. Everyone respects her regardless of her religion because we love her as much as she loves us, and we have an open-minded attitude. In your case, I would advise you to consider learning Arabic. By doing so, you can prevent communication issues that may lead to misunderstandings and potential problems.

Learning Arabic can help facilitate communication and foster understanding between you and the community. It will enable you to engage more effectively with the people around you, build stronger relationships, and ensure that your interactions are smooth and free from misunderstandings.  I wish you all the best