How to get a Costa Rica Digital Nomad Visa?

Hello,I am thinking of spending a few months in Costa Rica early next year. I plan to work remotely from there. I am not sure if anyone has experience with this.When I checked the requirements it were mentioned The documents you'll need to submit are:A valid passportProof of travel insuranceProof of accommodation during your stayAn employment contractA declaration that you intend to work remotely in Costa RicaProof of financial means.I am wondering since I work for myself, could my own company registration document work for it?Thanks for your advice

@petercosta Hi Peter. I am Digital Nomad here in Costa Rica. I applied at the opening of the new visa egilibility. Since then an important thing as change. You don't really need a digital nomad visa to be here. They now offer you to be here on a tourist visa for 180 days without anything other than a proof of  getting out before 180 days. It is alot less complicated than the visa for Digital Nomad. But if you still want this, I think you will need to create yourself as an employee of your company and give yourself a salary. But if you want to be sure, here is a good lawyer that helped me with all procedures and paperworks. [link moderated] His name is Andres ****. He speak english and Spanish. Good luck with this.

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Please share recommendations in private. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct