Why so many Italians suddenly planning to move to Dubai for Nurse jobs

Hi All.

I have been a member for expat blog for more than 10 years now, and I am an expat in Dubai for 17 years, I try helping forums by answering their queries wherever possible.

I have witnessed suddenly there are huge number of people from Italy looking to move to Dubai for nurse job, I am confused can someone let me know what is the reason? I have personally had a chat with 4 people within a span to 2 days in this forum all from Italy and looking for nurse job, is there any issues related to employment in Italy for nurses, that people are planning to move to Dubai

My personal view:

1) Overall, a lot of Europeans want to move to the UAE because of zero taxes, sunshine and perceived dynamic lifestyle.  Lots of social media marketing in the last few years

2) Globally, there is a nursing shortage.  This is hitting GCC hard as a lot of the people in the traditional nursing hiring hubs e.g. Philippines etc, are now getting opportunities in Europe (primarily UK).  They obviously prefer this vs. GCC as they can get a passport.  I am in healthcare and you can't imagine the kind  of turnover there is in nursing.......and the challenges to recruit new ones.  We have lost a lot of nurses and even some doctors, to the NHS

3) Italy was hit hard by Covid and recruited a lot of healthcare professionals.  Post Covid, the demand is not that high and the economy has softened.  These nurses want what is in point #1 and already have a first world passport

So there you go, the equation makes sense :).

@XTang thanks for an eye opening answer