Off topic - whats on your mind?

@TonyFF It is so good to hear that you have had a positive move and vibe in Bulgaria, and to hear other people's experience.  I had a field near varna with a tumble down bungalow, I sold it because I just couldn't keep up with it when I move permanently (regret that now!! should have kept it which may have made a move over there easier, anyway......).

I wish you well 1f601.svg

I hope to be over later in the year, got 3 dogs to drive over as well - I am worried about the strays there, they are looked after better than other european countries, but I think I'd take too many in!

@buckleyps

Good luck to you too!  It is a learning curve here, at times  it is challenging but most of the time it is fun.

I am not worried, I am not in a hurry.

I have noticed that  there are no set rules in this town;  very flexible working hours;  and if there are  rules they are very easily bendable.

I call this " just guidelines". I am very very comfortable with " just guidelines".

People live longer life this way- why worry  or bother?!!! 

Bulgaria is  a great choice for retirement.

I met a great group of retirees in a village near varna about 8 years ago, they all loved it.

It's the more natural life that I am after, rather than the  shackles of UK (and other countries). Hopefully Bulgaria will be left alone for a while longer!

I moved from UK to france in 2000 and the learning curve/settling in is part of the experience - except then I moved back to uk in 2016 because the rules and regs were getting tedious and draconian.

@buckleyps

I hear you. Calfornia used to be so nice in  the 70s/80s.  Now the state is permanently ruined.

The whole country is ruined. This is the sad truth. I am glad that I am in Bulgaria now.

It is never too late to start a new life...

It is never too late to start a new life...

-@TonyFF

That's only true if they put a spade in the coffin before they bury you..... 1f60e.svg

I don't know about you but I'm getting fed up with the number of emails I'm getting from this site? Are you? Just give it a rest I've loads of things to get on with besides being on this site thank you.

@Kath948381

what r u talking about? Huh????

Then unsubscribe, you won't get notification emails when new posts added.

@Kath948381 put the notifications into spam, then you won't receive, and you can visit when you wish.

I see what you mean now. Just use e-mail that you rarely open. Unsubscribe as well like others say.

@Kath948381

You can change your notification settings and get waaaaaay fewer emails. Click on the round person icon in the top right corner, and there's a Notifications Settings option in the dropdown menu. You can change everything to one email a week or opt out altogether.

But please don't move emails to the spam folder or mark them as spam as someone suggested! That will reduce the chances those who do want to get emails from the site receive them. Spam reports are extremely damaging to forums and newsletters and should only be used when emails really are spam.

@buckleyps

Please don't suggest this! Spam reports are far more damaging that people realise to the sender reputation of a business or organisation, and should only be used when emails really are spam.

Plus, then Kath won't see any more helpful suggestions for how to resolve her issue with too many emails, because she'll be too busy chucking all the messages into spam!

Still getting loads of unwanted and unasked for emails from this site please stop. Oh and I've noticed that the last message regarding this situation has disappeared from this heading, that's not very nice isn't it.

Kath, it may take a few days for your request to kick in.

And do check in your notification settings that you've stopped all of them. There are a lot of different emails the site can send! If you changed to weekly, you may find you still get sent if the emails about comments on posts you commented on option is still on.

You'll need to go down that long list under notification settings and click every single turquoise button to turn all emails off!

I hope things are okay. It sounds as if more than site emails are bothering you. <3

I'm still getting loads of unwanted emails from this site. Please stop it.

I'm still getting loads of unwanted emails from this site. Please stop it.

-@Kath948381

Kath, have you gone to your notification settings and turned everything off?