COLOMBIAN SCAM GIRLS: THE BLACKLIST

I think there should be a blacklist of girls on the forum, indicating: their first name, surname (or alias), the city where they are staying, with a short description of the situation and their telephone numbers (which, if Googled, could be checked by possible victims of crime).

In Colombia it is not necessarily necessary to be kidnapped or poisoned with scopolamine: many girls professionally extort money and steal: in the forum, everyone should share a short note. Maybe it will save someone!

Depending on how loose your definiition of " extortion" is and how much of a tacaño you are.

Could be that all the guys will have to post their wives and girlfriends names

LOL

@JohnyLondon

Hello maybe not on this website as contact details and people's personal data should not be posted here. We don't have means to verify whether members will be posting genuine info or information to defame some girls.

However, May I ask if there is any official authority/NGO in Colombia that might help if people get scammed ?

@nico peligro. This is a general forum topic/question. Some are more gullible, others less - but scamming, extracting money from the gullible - why not make these women/perpetrators public? Just because you are smart and clever does not mean that everyone is.

@Bhavna You are right, it is a "double-edged weapon" and, of course, the victims could also be innocent girls...

Pointing to a dedicated page, an NGO would be welcome !

What JohnyLondon proposes is quite problematic not just from a false accusation standpoint but it also could be used as a "pay for play"  list for those willing to take the risk...

Not on this forum, Johny...

What JohnyLondon proposes is quite problematic not just from a false accusation standpoint but it also could be used as a "pay for play"  list for those willing to take the risk...
Not on this forum, Johny...

-@OsageArcher

Amen I never get on this forum much anymore but saw this thread and just had to get on here.  If you are an older man or a very much not so attractive man know your lane and stay in it.   This is coming from someone that use to be both.  I decide now to not be in a relationship period with any foreign woman expecting real love.  I was in a relationship with a Colombian woman and then started dating my Venezuelan Spanish tutor.  I traveled to see both of these women.  Ultimately, you have to know there is an underlying motive for them dating you MONEY and a GREEN CARD duh!!!!

Could you pull those  younger hotter women in the USA if you can truthfully answer yes to that question then OK fine date a younger hotter than you foreign women.   Those men simply aren't doing it because they don't have to.

My advice is quit thinking with your dumb head and use your smart head and come back to planet earth.  I at least did benefit I turned the negative energy into positive energy.  I wanted to look better for my Venezuelan girlfriend and lost 120 lbs and became a male stripper at 45.  I had skin removal surgery.

And guess what most of my customers are older women because I am an older man.  Most of my customers are not the hot younger women although occasionally those women do tip me but generally since women are clearly smarter than us when it comes to these kinds of things the women in the club even know to not live a fantasy through a younger male but live a fantasy with a hot male close to their age.  Also you don't see women that often going to Colombia to find their younger prince charming its 99.99999% older men that are clueless.

If you want to put good back into the world purchase school supplies for Colombian kids.   I still remain in contact with the Colombian woman I dated and I no longer give her money but I do donate school supplies to her poor village town.  I don't give money instead I give markers and pencils.   And yes I do it with my stripper money.  It is a silly midlife crisis side hustle anyway and I would never miss the money.

@decadude  Dude, great story and respect. 

First of all, what you did for yourself - your improvement - you did it for yourself, not for some Venezuelan woman.  She is only an aesthetic beneficiary.

What you do in charity is a beautiful thing - continue. 

I have lived in the worst parts of Colombia (more than 3 years) and I know the problems. What is the subject of this post is a millimetre part - because the country is great, it has excellent people: but please do not mix up the skanks who take advantage of the naivety of Europeans or Americans with the needs of poor campesinos. These two things are completely off topic - but respect their support.

Create a new thread: aid to schools in Colombia.

@decadude These posts are getting REALLY Bizzare..

So what did they do with all that excess skin, decadude1f605.svg?

@nico peligro

chicharrón 😂 i could lose a hundred pounds myself 🤣

@JohnyLondon

I think you'll find that there are just as many Males coming to Colombia, looking for one thing only, and promising the earth to get it, is it any wonder they play men at their own game?

Have one list, there should also be one to protect the women, and the reputations of those men here with honorable intentions.

@PhilCo58 I'm seeing a lot of good ideas here... and a fun story about skin removal, LOL! I'm gonna go for something like that, in a few years... I'm almost 50 and I stay in good shape... yet my abdominal area refuses to shrink, so it's time for drastic measures 😅

Anyway, IMHO we DO need some sort of "known criminals and known cheaters" directories/lists, but there are several challenges: like someone mentioned, there's always a risk of defamation (revenge, angry ex, etc), bad data (either intentional or accidental), legal issues, or even actual risk of harm (someone on the list might retaliate in real-life... remember, the list is about actual criminals, so who knows their connections and what they are capable of), etc.

Whenever "dating meets data", there's always a risk of misuse and abuse. Especially if the service is free (or starts out free)... that means there's no financial motivation to keep the data accurate and make sure the database meets/exceeds Cyber Security Guidelines.

Yes, one should always propose solutions along with pointing out the problems... but I am blanking at this moment... this is a thorny and complicated issue 😟

Like I said before, the list could end up taking up 80% of the female Colombian population,  depending on your definition of scammer.

I have a long term Colombian friend who  seriously belives n hismind that  the " majoria" of Colombianas are prostitutes.

Definitelly a very materialistic society.

@nico peligro Whenever I tell current or future expats that "The overwhelming majority of Colombianas under age 35 are sex workers of SOME kind, or being groomed for that life", they look at me like I am crazy. Or, if it's a "three-percenter" Colombian (has a job, enough money, some education, etc) they call me awful names and say I'm sh!tting on their culture, that I should just go home... when all I did was point out the elephant in the room.

I'm glad other people - including your local Colombian friend - have the courage to speak this basic fact out loud.

Knowledge is power.

You shouldnt say those kind of things on a date..LOL,,worse thing you can say is Colombianas are all p...as

The lady that cuts my hair  (peluqeuria) told me she has female clients in their 60s who are web cam girls. Says asome Euros/Gringos like that kinda stuff.

Could be just BS chismes, but some of those fotos my amigas have shown me over the years that desperate Gringos / Canucks/ Aussies / Euros have sent them showing their private body parts (meanwhile laughing at them in ridicukle) make me think anything is possible.

Lots of desperate Incels / pervs, whatever you wanna call them in Western countries.

And many of them actually married to prostitutes in Colombia whether they know it or not,

@nico peligro Well, let's not forget that some people are also - due to no fault of theirs - super-lonely. Modern society in the West makes it extremely difficult for the 97% of men who are considered "low attraction/low value", to find a mate or even a companion. There's gotta be room for compassion for our fellow humans who haven't met their "Intimate and Communal Relationships" section of their Basic Human Needs.

(Notice I said, some people) 🙂

Maybe they should get a passon, hobby , sports, career and build themselves up.

I can never understand guys that look at and actually pay for webcam girls, or show nude photos of themselves to foriegn women online. Really wierd.

There is all the free p**** online if you like that stuff, but even thst can turn into a perversión.

@nico peligro I never understood it either, not when there's so much free p*** out there. I'm no therapist, but I heard that for some people the "live camera" experience is more exciting, hence live cams instead of just uploaded videos 🤷🏿‍♀️ Ah well... who am I to judge...

@nico peligro

I would always joke around and tell my ex I wanted them to make me a wallet out of it.  Honestly I do not know what they do with it actually I would think dispose of it but who knows.

@ChineduOpara

Hell go and do it.  I would not change a thing.  If you pay for sex though don't try to date the women they will want large allowances and you will blow through 1000s.  They don't love you they love your money.  :)

Dating the women I dated I would not change a single thing though.  I gained some very cool life experiences almost like a fairy tale chapter in my life that most men would have loved to have lived; however, I would not advise it bc I think I was one of the lucky ones plus I make good money and can afford to lose what I gave to them.

But for yourself absolutely do the surgery the only thing is I wish I would have gotten it done sooner.

@decadude if it is a girl getting Lipo, sometimes the will transfer it.to her " nalgas"

I kid you not.

@decadude Oh believe me I am an "unexpected veteran" of the money-grabbing games that the women here play, and I'm not spending any more than I feel I can afford to lose to random dates. It's an LDFG country, afterall. However, the ROI is still FAAAAARRRR better than in the dUSA, so I can't complain.

Would I prefer to meet The One, settle down with her, and focus all my energy and resources on building a family with her and our future child? Of course! But the Universe has decreed otherwise, so it is what it is 🙂

@decadude if it is a girl getting Lipo, sometimes the will transfer it.to her " nalgas"
I kid you not.

-@nico peligro

yeah it's called a Brazilian Butt Lift, it's been a thing for a long time, and well-documented. Heck, it seems to be one of the "safer" ways to do this body-enhancement procedure.

In my experience, girls after cash for sex (in whatever form) tend to find their victims amongst guys looking for either a sex slave/maid/wife combination, or utter fools that have no clue what the world can be like for gullible people.

I don't really blame the women as their bread and butter are most commonly men who would treat a new found wife like crap.

The world is full of really nice ladies, but they want really nice men (usually).

Perhaps the trick to avoiding getting ripped off, is avoiding being the sort of man that gets ripped off.

@Fred Yep- You only have yourself to blame.

If you are dumb enough to send money to someone you never met-the onus is on you.

Any money or support you give to your GF, wife or her family is totally your own decission, so work it out with her, if you dont feel comfortable, or just suck it up,  or end the relation, dont complain.

Too much of a "victim" mentality these days

I think the whole idea is too much. A fool and his money will always be parted; be it a gold digger or some other scam artist. Just get your money's worth. I guarded my finances to the extreme for the first five years of my marriage and then slowly transferred the handling of the finances over to my wife she did a much better job than I was doing. We recently bought our daughter a car and our credit score was 850. Something I was never able to achieve for many reasons. She is also  very guarded with "our/my" money and always asks permission for unusual purchases. I think I won the lottery with her one in a million.

All that said I had made up my mind in the beginning of our relationship that it was a very real possibility that she would split after the two years in the USA and no longer reliant on me for ability to legally stay i the USA. and that if they happened I would make sure I got my money's worth.

Now rather that naming names we could name the game and tactics of the gold diggers.

lpd

@Lpdiver

Happy you got a good one man

@decadude yeah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...

Last time I looked in the mirror, I don't remember Brad Pitt staring back at me. And when this 68 year old finds himself in Medellin and a 20 something year old makes a point to get my attention, I am not deluded enough to think that the two sets of 75 repetitions of pushups has now make me look like I did at 30. So, when I am solicited for funds for a sick child, the rent or Grandma's new teeth, I take it in stride. Sometimes, I offer to help; other times not. St. Augustine once said, 'poverty is a powerful aphrodisiac.'  And personally, I can't say what I would do if the situation was reversed....

@OsageArcher   LoL, are you the admin here?  How brazen to push your preferences on others.  Not on this forum, Osage!

It's a neat idea, I would like to see who I need to avoid, when I am out and about.

@Stefan Fuchs23

Hello and welcome !

Since you are a new member, a little introduction is most welcome. You will find our New Members introduction thread here : New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

OsageArcher is indeed an expert member of our team.

Regards

Bhavna

Team Expat.com

@Bhavna Nothing Against Osage, but my understanding is he hasnt set foot in Colombia for years, and for sure doesnt live here.

I may be stand corrected by Osage himself at anytime.

However, I do agree its a pretty wacky idea (understatement) posting peoples names and contact information on this site making  slanderous accusations  allthough I highly doubt some estrata 1 or 2 barrio girl is going to search out and "sue" some insignificant esoteric Expat Forum, with postis mostly in English .

Maybe the alleged "Victims" should post their real names and describe in detail how dumb they were for gotten "taken" and how they are the poor innocent "Victims"

LMAOF

Just for the record: My involvement with Latin America and Spanish began in 1959, in Quito, Ecuador, where I lived as a child.  I was fortunate then to also be able to travel to Colombia and Panama.  As an adult I have lived and worked in Puerto Rico, and visited many times Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Colombia.  My first visit to Colombia was in 1996.  I married a colombiana and her family in 2000 ja ja and am still married to them, talking/writing to them almost every day, although right now I do not live in Colombia.

Not trying to toot my own horn but many natives have expressed astonishment at how well I speak Spanish, and how much I know about many latin countries especially Colombia.  Of course it helps that I have family and friends to consult in quite a few Colombian cities, and also quite a few college courses studying Latin American history and culture.  Más sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo...

@OsageArcher"... I married a colombiana and her family in 2000 ja ja and am still married to them, talking/writing to them almost every day, although right now I do not live in Colombia."

Bruh 🤔 you sure you're still married to her? I certainly hope y'all have an "open marriage" thing going on, because if she has even a SMIDGEN of attractiveness... well... let's just say you might want to consider your marriage "open" anyway.

Just sayin' 😬

(Full Disclaimer: I'm going off of living here for 15+ months, watching a few documentaries about Colombia, and read some short books about Colombia. I'm definitely not as well-traveled or knowledgeable as you. Besides, you found your wife in 2000... so maybe you got a Good One just before Social Media ruined dating and marriage and everything. But still... when one hears your story and circumstances, and after I've seen, heard, and experienced "dating" and "relationships" and behaviors of Colombian women so far... it's difficult to imagine that SHE still behaves like a married woman while you're away. Again, no disrespect, I mean that sincerely, please don't be mad)

However, I do agree its a pretty wacky idea (understatement) posting peoples names and contact information on this site making  slanderous accusations  allthough I highly doubt some estrata 1 or 2 barrio girl is going to search out and "sue" some insignificant esoteric Expat Forum, with postis mostly in English .

Maybe the alleged "Victims" should post their real names and describe in detail how dumb they were for gotten "taken" and how they are the poor innocent "Victims"

LMAOF

-@nico peligro

I can confirm that the estrato 0 - 4 Colombianas - at least here on the North Coast - are generally dumb as a sack of bricks. Most are barely literate, can barely read or write Spanish, and inexplicably too lazy to search up literally ANYTHING on their smartphones that they carry around everywhere and upgrade every year with free easy money from Lonely Simp Extranjeros (both expats AND those actually still living abroad).

However, put these women in front of a gym mirror or a dating app, and they are f*cking Photoshop GODS.

So yeah... I doubt any of them can even spell "abogado", let alone find a lawyer to do anything about anything.

Chin..I think Osage and his wife are both quite.a bit older than you  , and like I.said.

, I am.pretty sure niether of them.have lived in Colombia for years, if not decades.

Dont know where they.are located, US, Europe  wherever.

So comparing his situation to yours,  or even my situation  is like  comparing apples to oranges.

His situation is more like LPDs, except he probably speaks a little better Spanish, having been  exposed at a very early age.

I would almost 99% bet he met his wife in a normal social situation, or professional situation , and not online on a dating App, and I would bet she is educated, from an upper strata.

I also would bet thier age difference isnt more than 20 years

@nico peligro Oh are you hinting that I was referring only to "dating app women"? Nah, nowadays even women that one meets in professional settings, social settings, etc. are as addicted to Social Media and "sugar-babying" as the ones on dating apps 😅

Anyway going back to your main point... yes, I figured as much: due to the years and dates he mentioned in his post, he's from a generation (or two) before mine. So I was right... he likely snagged one of the now-extinct species of "loyal, actual, real wife" Colombianas that existed back in the day.

Regardless, God bless him and his wife, for real. We need couples like that around, if only to remind the rest of us forever-single men that good/monogamous unions are still out there and can happen... even if we might need a Time Machine to even stand a chance at getting that lucky 😆

Cheers! 🍻

Well, I did luck out - we (me and my wife) actually communicated by snail mail for a while, in Spanish.  She is the eldest of 9 siblings, all honest, hard-working middle-class Colombians, one an engineer, one a lawyer, two others with their own body shop (which is a great business in Colombia, the way they drive), and she and one of her sisters both contadoras, accountants, another a technical analyst, one an artisan. I am 11 years her senior.

Not to give dating advice, but I'm sure you realize there's a difference between looking for a mate in a bar, versus a church - we were sort of in-between.  And I am fully accepted by her family partly because I can communicate with them so well, and partly because they could tell I wasn't some typical gringo just looking to hook up...no aspersions are cast LOL...

It really makes a difference being part of a family.  You get to see and understand things at a different, and in many cases deeper, level.  And with 9 siblings some married with kids, "family" is well over 50 people counting her mother's 3 siblings - aunts, uncles, nieces/nephews, cousins, friends of the family, all of them get together often, they are a world unto themselves often, they don't always want or need outsiders, you count on family...

And I think there are many good Colombian women, but it's hard to meet them unless you are doing an activity that you both love and not via a dating app - but that too is possible, just less likely IMO.  If I had to do it again, I would only consider "chatting up" women who I met doing outdoor activities since I am at heart a country boy and woodsman, former hunter, kayaker and backpacker/camper...most educated Colombians are city people, sadly.

I am not sure whether to find the very generalized comments about Colombian Women on here funny or offensive.

Firstly what does the Estrato system have to do with the class of anyone? It's all to do with the infrastructure and Services. I have lived here 12yrs and never lived in any Estrato above a 2, in my opinion only the Snobs of this world judge people by the area they live in.

Secondly, unless you are looking for a Colombian woman who is financially independent at best, but who could ideally sub your lifestyle, then again what difference does it make what occupation they have, it's the person who should be evaluated, not their social status.

My wife was an Insurance Agent, she worked early morning until late at night to provide for herself and her Mother, also paying a mortgage, but she lived in Estrato 2. We have been married 12yrs, she is a faithful, loyal, loving Wife, with few demands, and sticks to me like glue. I feel that I am the lucky one, not her.

Maybe those criticizing should look closer to home, yes there are gold diggers after your money and nothing more, but you should ask why, could it be because you (I again generalise here) are more interested in what she can provide under the sheets, than in life? In which case you deserve what you get.

If people, this applies to all genders, are looking for a partner, then take time to get to know the person, make it clear what you have to offer, and what you want from a relationship, visit for a couple of weeks to see if you are compatible, and take it from there. I video called my 'Wife' every day, sometimes twice for two to three months, before coming here to meet her, luckily we clicked, I was living in Spain at the time, so unlike many of you, it wasn't a journey I was taking lightly.

Maybe instead of blacklisting the Colombian Women, it should be the Gringos coming here, with one thing on their mind, and being disappointed when they get taken for a ride.

@PhilCo58 One definitely cannot contest anything you just said! However one must also remember that, we can't always control how people react to us or treat us. Especially to extranjeros.

Learning Spanish helps a lot, but even that is not enough when going up against pure, unfettered, raw classism. This means that almost no working-class woman even bothers to get to know me (nor my fellow brown men) as actual people... NO MATTER what we do, how we dress, or where we approach the women. To them, we'll always be Lower-Class Trash not even worthy of engaging with, simply due to our skin color and nothing else.

This means that, the ones who DO talk to us, are almost always gold-diggers (or obvious prostitutes, I don't judge), and all they care about is fun and getting money (they see us as walking ATMs), not getting to know us as human people with feelings and agency, who could make great life partners despite the workable language barrier and cultural differences.

Y'know, lemme correct myself... and I can't (and shouldn't) even use the "race card" 100% of the time, because I am hearing similar things from non-melanated wife-seeking gringos in other parts of the country... even a few who are fluent in Spanish! The general understanding is that almost all the good Colombianas are old-school, and are already taken (probably by big dawg OsageArcher 😂) and so all that's left are the modern-day, selfish, narcissistic, "Social Media queens" (current or aspiring) who want nothing to do with expats EXCEPT "Party, Open Legs, Get Paid" 😟 One could say, "It's an age thing, you have to approach women in their 30s and 40s"... but the problem with that advice is that many of us legitimate wife-seekers are looking to have babies too.

Anyway I'll leave it there, because things get pretty demoralizing 😅

So lemme end this comment with something positive: I recently confirmed that I can reduce my cost of living even further by moving to a newly-built estrato 3 building, so I'm planning to do that in June 👍🏿