I like the Algarve area. Any advice?

Hi! I am Ana

I Live in USA and planning to retire in Portugal soon.

I want to find a short term rent for like two or three months in  order to explore different cities and decide where I want to live.

I like the Algarve area.

Any advise?

Thanks

@carvalhosnl

Hello and welcome Ana !

Please note that I have created this new thread on the Algarve forum from your post so that members living here can share their feedback with you.

While waiting for members to respond, feel free to read the Living in Portugal guide for expats.

All the best

Bhavna

@carvalhosnl

Dear Ana,

It's exciting to hear about your plans to retire in Portugal! As an expat from Berlin who faced similar challenges, I understand the complexities of relocating and settling in a new country. This inspired me to start a service dedicated to helping people like you relocate, retire, and find the perfect property for both rent and sale in the Algarve.

In choosing where to stay, Lagos and Tavira are highly popular among U.S. citizens and boast welcoming expat communities. Lagos, known for its vibrant lifestyle and beautiful beaches, and Tavira, with its peaceful atmosphere and picturesque charm, offer a great mix of what the Algarve has to offer. Both locations are favored by expats for their unique qualities and supportive communities, making them ideal for someone exploring the area.

Best wishes on your journey and feel free to reach outl!

Warm regards,

Ben

Hi and welcome,

Finding suitable accommodation can be quite a problem even for those already living here, if you look through some of this site then you'll see the problems real people have.  The two big sites Idealista and OXL have searchable listings so will give you some idea of what may be available. Parts of the Algarve are tourist areas so holiday prices and weekly lets. You may find there are places slightly more remote willing to consider 3 month lets but then transport may be an issue.

Good Luck