Menu
Expat.com

Taking General Items from Saudi to Dubai via Road

Last activity 07 January 2024 by vg140289

vg140289

I am planning to permanently shift to Dubai. Currently, I am in Riyadh. I am thinking of Shifting via Car/Pickup truck like Ford F150 (Planning to Rent it for few days). I am only planning to take essential items like Cloths, Utensils, toys etc. I am not planning to shift any large Household items like Refrigerator, TV, Washing machine etc.

I want to know if there is any process I need to follow for this travel. What all should I care about?

vg140289

Can anyone pls help here?

Bhavna

@vg140289

Hello,

hope someone shed the light on your queries soon.

Try posting on the Saudi Arabia forum as well, maybe someone there might know : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=423

Regards

Bhavna

XTang

Shifting household goods is not a problem (excluding any banned items in Saudi of course).  However, prepare to spend more time at the land crossing as you will probably be pulled into customs clearing.  Second, for car rentals, as I have mentioned elsewhere on the forums, most rental companies will not allow you to take the car across borders - you need their permission to cross.   

vg140289

@XTang Thanks for the details. I am checking with one of the car rental service providers who provide similar services where I can take the car from here and drop it at their Dubai location. Let's see what they agree upon.

I want to know the real-life experience if anyone has done the same.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the United Arab Emirates

All of the United Arab Emirates's guide articles