Menu
Expat.com

Some questions before potentially moving to Dubai for work

Last activity 05 September 2024 by niooi

niooi

Please find a few questions to understand the quality of life a little bit better before I make a decision.

Apartment Quality - I've read that people can smell their neighbors' cooking due to shared ventilation. Does this indicate that most apartments are poorly built? Was there a specific year when construction standards improved to address this issue?

Driving Conditions - Is driving to work in the morning a nightmare? I've frequently read that traffic in the Marina area is particularly bad. If I work in south Dubai, do you recommend any communities?

Living in a Community - As I've never visited Dubai, I'm curious if it's essential to live close to the central part of a community—where the restaurants, gym, and other facilities are located—to be comfortable. If you live one or two miles away, do you typically drive or cycle there?

Price Threshold - Is there a rental price range for a one-bedroom apartment that generally avoids these issues?

niooi

Sorry the city Dubai! The job, if I were to have an offer, is located all the way south of Dubai.

Note: I cannot update or delete my original post.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the United Arab Emirates

All of the United Arab Emirates's guide articles