Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Last activity 14 October 2024 by kelley21063

bostonhomer

@gpwillborn

Great...Tacos!

I've been to Tijuana MX for street tacos plenty of times and they just set up a push cart and seem to be able to whip up and sell plenty of delicious tacos.

Just thinking about overhead and testing out your food and see how it sells before big investment

Don't know about foreigners and the legal aspect of running a business.

Hope to eat some of your tacos/food in the future!

Good luck

John

RethairedJarhead

@Mrollins58

Greetings Michael.

I’ve used Bangkok Bank for the past few years. Branches/ATMs not hard to find in most parts.

The hidden gem is they have an office in NY-  it’s commercial accounts only but anyone can call to get personal banking support with english speaking agents. I’ve done so several times!

Regarding a condo- I’d suggest starting with a short term lease while exploring the Pattaya area for long term location. I’m in Isaan and visit the area regularly. There are areas near the beach- some busy, some quiet…  depends on you. I have a buddy in a building on Pratumnak Hill (behind the Pattaya sign)- he loves it.

Best wishes- Miles

grntolife

@ronpitelka

Hello Ron:

My name is Mo Azam. I am from New York City working as a civil servant and retiring next month. I am planning to move to Thailand. I may have lots of questions. If you can me my good friend, I would come nearby you. If possible, we can exchange phone # (whatsapp). Please let me know.

It was very interesting reading your message.

Moderated by Cheryl last week
Reason : No email add on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Paul Keylard

@Julien , Hi there. Wife and I are from Cairns/AUS. We have been to TH many times and recently visited HH for our retirement but that is a No No . Chiang Mai is O.K but with the 3 month burn off's is still considered but ...I have been to Koh Samui many moons ago (Lamai) when still single and found it attractive. We have discussed living in KS next year. Our sights obviously is to look for a long term rental with or without gated house/villa entry. Financially we are sound but don't want to fall into the traditional Thai traps for Farangs. Thank you for excepting me and hope this request will find some response. Cheers, Paul

martinoo2002

@Paul Keylard

Hey Paul

I agree on Samui.... that was an alternative nd still is despite the fact we live in Cha am, bordering Hua Hin but 20 minutes land inward....the sticks

Add annual flooding to Chiang Mai and surrounding area and everything downstream the mother of rivers

But what is wrong with Hua Hin??

Just curious....

Martin

Paul Keylard

@martinoo2002 Hi Martin, As we stayed at The Veranda on the beach we searched for houses/homes nearby that would have been close to the beach. The whole stretch of the beach is occupied by hotels. Yes we went 20 mins further south, found it nice but too quiet notwithstanding the distance going north for major shopping trips. The beach in HH is enormous but that is only my opinion and should not fall short on "like it or not". From that point only I would prefer Koh Samui with nooks and crannies. Cheers.

Markt07

Hi Julien,

My name is Mark, I am currently living in Phuket, been there about 18 years. I am considering building a house and moving to Nongkhai as i am getting close to retiring.

I will certainly be looking for advice and other people experiences in their various projects, you can't beat first hand experience, best way to learn but sometimes the hardest way.

martinoo2002

@Paul Keylard

Loud and clear, but at any location that is populated, beach properties, apart from condos, would be near unaffordable...

Good luck anyways in your search, find a pearl.

We live close enough to the beach to call it close and far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the quiet and the stunning nature views, but taking the malls/markets etc as we need....

Paul Keylard

@martinoo2002  Hi Martin, your comments are well received.  I omitted that we are well past the accepted Pensioners age and therefore it has an enormous input on what we feel is close to our final choice of living/sharing/giving etc.  Cheers.

Goodmorningthailand

Hello everyone,

I am Goodmorningthailand, I have been married to this country since the early 2000s and I wish you a good morning in Thailand.

kelley21063

@RethairedJarhead Hey brother! When I saw a fellow jarhead on here I knew I would get a straight answers to my questions. Could you recommend an area for married couples to live? We're just looking to kick back and take it easy. Since we have dogs, we would be looking for houses.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles