Menu
Expat.com

Financial criteria for retired couple to obtain a visa

Last activity 21 October 2024 by cmt2002

kelley21063

Can someone explain the financial criteria for retired couples to obtain a visa? I get the part about having 800,000 in the bank but have a monthly income of 65,000. Is 65,000 per couple or each?

JayEsCee

One of the most laid back, take it easy places with things to do would be Cha-am Beach. It's about 20 km north of Hua Hin, so it isn't that far to go down for more excitement. There is also a Cha-am town more inland off the gulf coast. That is a lot more laid back.

My understanding of the retirement visa is that you need the 800,000 thb in a Thai bank or the 65k in income per month. You don't need both. My understanding is that it would be one of these for each person applying for a retirement visa. I think you could have the husband do one then have the wife do another kind of visa like a non-b. If anyone else knows about this I would like to hear about it. My wife is Thai so I just got a non-o visa.

kelley21063

@JayEsCee thank you

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

Please note that I have moved these posts from the New members thread (which is dedicated to introductions) to this new thread of the Thailand forum for better interaction.

Regards

Bhavna

cmt2002

@kelley21063 This kind of information should be check with immigrations because every foreigner will have a different understanding this is important and should not be taken as true from anybody and must be check and recheck with immigrations and a lawyer because if you made a mistake will cost you a lot or not getting your visa. .... Up to you I only suggest for your safety

Here is some info ...

[link under review]

C

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles