New members of the England forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien

Hi, i'm Angie Monique,  turning 24yrs old. I live in Mauritius. I love children and help them to grow up. That why i choose to work as a nanny. I want to help the children that they can live their best life. Am someone passionate, care for child and love them a lot.

@moniqueangie06

Welcome on board Monique !

How can we help you ?

Feel free to open a new thread on the England forum if you have any questions.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hello, Apologies for reaching out to you out of the blue, I was hoping to speak to someone about joining your network and contributing some articles and content. I am a French expat based in London and I work as a Divorce Coach for expats globally. Could we possibly arrange a call to discuss? Thank you! Chloe

@chloudiz

Hello Chloe,

Welcome on board !

Thank you for your interest in our website.

Please send us an email on the following ad : contact.cmteam@expat.com

We will put you in touch with the Editorial department.

Regards

Bhavna

I am also new here. I also want to gain from this platform. I am planning to move to england.

Hey everyone, completely new here and I will be taking my observation to see how this works out for me. I have future plans to settle down in England.

@stormyverse

Welcome on board !

Here is a little guide that might come handy : Living in England guide for expats

If you need any info, feel free to ask !

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Thank you very much for such a warm welcome

Hello simploy,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f604.svg

Could you please tell us more about yourself?

Are you planning to relocate to England?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello, I'm lamine.

I'm from Guinea (Conakry) currently living in Derby (UK). I've been here for six months, and it's been hard to connect with locals. I'm an IT professional and currently doing my Master's degree in Cyber security at the University of Derby. I do come to London from time to time and my next trip will be to Glasgow for 4 nights in April.

Hello am Grace from Kenya I would love to move to England soon  maybe to work or if I find someone to date or marry

I grew up in Jamaica, and I am now planning on living in leeds Yorkshire with my family👪.

I am a male. I am 33 and I was born on 14 May 1990.

I am married with one child . I am Police Officer. I am new to  Expat.

I joined expat.com on 05 April 2024.

I can speak English and a little Spanish,  my

Interests are scuba diving, socializing, all sorts of music, learning from others, science fiction movies

Hello All,

I am from Turkey 36 years old. I am an engineer and started to work in Liverpool as an expat.

I want to be social in order to improve my English.

I am looking for social areas for this reason.

Tugay

Hello everyone.

My name is Jose I am 22 years old and I'm from Spain. I am a Network and Systems Administration technician I've been searching for a job as an IT technician, programmer, database analyst, or any kind of job related to the IT sector as a whole.

I've always been quite good in terms of English and I recently got a C1 certified in English by Cambridge so I hope it does improve my chances of acquiring a job on the rock.

Hello everyone.
My name is Jose I am 22 years old and I'm from Spain. I am a Network and Systems Administration technician I've been searching for a job as an IT technician, programmer, database analyst, or any kind of job related to the IT sector as a whole.

I've always been quite good in terms of English and I recently got a C1 certified in English by Cambridge so I hope it does improve my chances of acquiring a job on the rock.

-@jvaca

Hey Jose

Welcome to the site.

Congrats on getting your C1 English.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Hello everyone.

-@jvaca

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Try joining LinkedIn and reaching out to your peers to find out who is hiring, where and when, you can then send them your CV and see what interest you can get.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hi, my name is Haseeb. I am looking for a job in England as I wish to relocate there. If anyone knows of any vacancies, you can feel free to message me.

Hi, my name is Haseeb. I am looking for a job in England as I wish to relocate there. If anyone knows of any vacancies, you can feel free to message me.
    -@haseebmohamed57

The UK will have a vacancy for a monarch in the next year or so.

Apply in writing to Buckingham Palace London SW1A 1AA

@Fred

Hi, I am not sure whether you are serious or not.

@Fred
Hi, I am not sure whether you are serious or not.

-@haseebmohamed57

What job?

@FredHi, I am not sure whether you are serious or not.         -@haseebmohamed57

What job?

-@SimCityAT

Monarch.

England will need a new one soon.

A guy called William Saxe-Coburg-Gotha wants it but the poster might be able to urserp him if he starts planning now.

@SimCityAT, this is what the person responded with:

"The UK will have a vacancy for a monarch in the next year or so.

Apply in writing to Buckingham Palace London SW1A 1AA"

I am Mrs sikirat Arikewuyo.i am 43years old.

I will like to live in England to be nanny or caregiver there.i have a lot of experience in the job.i Will be glad,if you can help me to achieve my aim.

I am Mrs sikirat Arikewuyo.i am 43years old.
I will like to live in England to be nanny or caregiver there.i have a lot of experience in the job.i Will be glad,if you can help me to achieve my aim.

-@sikiratarikewuyo

unlikely

Read this

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati … -employers

MY name is Geoffrey,34yrs old kenyan,currently working in kuwait and I am excited to join this community, as you take me through my relocation to my dream country,ENGLAND.I am professional truck driver with extensive experience and looking forward to new  opportunities.will be glad to have employers from this community of expat family.

@ombukigeoffrey

Hello and welcome !

Try to see if you are eligible for a skilled worker visa : https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-job

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

thank you

@Bhavna thank you

@Julien

Hi Everyone,

This is Paul and I live in Maryland US and after 20 years, looking to move back to the UK with my American born wife.

I'm in the early planning stages right now and will be looking for help with many questions, I'm sure.

I will probably continue to work, for Oracle. at least for a period before looking at something new. My wife will continue to work as an Integrative Health Coach, both for her current US employer and for something independent for the UK.

I grew up in Derbyshire, before moving to Oxfordshire and will look to rent somewhere initially in the southwest, before researching something more permanent.

Looking forward to the interaction on this site and getting some good feedback.

Thanks again.

@coloradoram

Hello and welcome Paul !

If you have any questions, feel free to open a new thread on the England forum so that members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

Thank you Bhavna.

@JulienMy name is Thomson, and I'm from Malawi. I am currently planning to move to England and would love to connect with others who have already made the move or are in the process of doing so.A bit about myself: I am 28 years old and have a background in education as IT. I have been working as a Sales marketing agency  for 2 years, where I manage a company of my brother .In addition to my professional background, I have a strong interest in different hobbies like traveling, cooking, sports and reading. I enjoy mostly sports because Im a footballer I like to play during my free time to staying active and healthy.I am looking forward to experiencing the culture, lifestyle, and opportunities that England has to offer. I would appreciate any advice or tips on the best ways to handle the visa application process, finding affordable accommodation, and any other insights on settling in England. As my budget is quite limited, I am particularly interested in any resources or support networks that might offer free or low-cost assistance.Thank you in advance for your help, and I look forward to connecting with you all

@Julien

Hello everyone,

My name is Anas, and I am 28 years old. I am originally from Mauritius and hold a degree in Management with Law, as well as a Master's degree in LLM International Business Law. I am looking to move to England for work and to live there. Having visited the country several times, I have grown to love it and am excited about the prospect of making it my new home.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to read the Living in England guide for expats to gather as much information as possible and to open your own thread on the England forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hi, thank you. I'm Yvonne from Johannesburg, South Africa. I'm applying for British citizenship. A writer, teacher and copy editor, but I need a change so I'll be looking for care work. Best wishes!

@Julien Hi, thank you. I'm Yvonne from Johannesburg, South Africa. I'm applying for British citizenship. A writer, teacher and copy editor, but I need a change so I'll be looking for care work. Best wishes!

-@yfontyn

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Unless you are diploma qualified, you will struggle to get a visa for this.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Julien     Thank you for having me