New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the USA forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in the USA if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi im from South Africa, and would like to work and maybe move permanently to the USA at a later stage. But for now if i can get Construction work . I have been in construction for more than 30 years and have extensive experience in all areas of construction, i started of as labourer and work myself to to management, my biggest achievement was being site foreman on the 2010 soccer world cup stadium in south Africa

@picoconstructionsasa

Hello and welcome on board !

I would suggest that you do some research on the visas that will enable you to move, live and work in the USA. You will find several articles in the Living in the USA guide for expats.

If you have any questions, feel free to open a new thread on the USA forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi, I have lived in the USA (California and Nevada) as an E2 investor from 2007 to 2020 and am looking at returning there  when the time is right. In the meantime I have to sort some details tax related.

Happy to share and learn!

Philippe

@biznessand

Hello Philippe,

Welcome !

Feel free to start a new topic on the USA forum to seek advice from members about taxes.

All the best

Bhavna

done, Thank you!

@Julien

Hi im from Nigeria, and would like to work, live, get married infact start a life in USA. For now i need a maintenance work as I'm  a technician, I repair and maintain air conditioners...I have been in maintenance for almost 5 years now and have extensive experience in all areas of maintenances, i started of as an apprentice and work myself to where I am today, my biggest achievement was handling maintenances for the Federal inland revenue services  in Nigeria.. I need mutual love and support

Hi,

I am Chinedu Madu,a Broadcast Journalist of over a decade experience.I live and work in Nigeria but strongly desire to relocate to US.I need broadcasting, journalism and even Public Relations jobs with Visa Sponsorship so I can legally migrate and work in the US.

The US will provide opportunities to grow on the job further live my dream.

My choice State and cities are Chicago, Michigan,Dallas,Denver,Ohio , Washington DC,Miami,Tampa,Boise and NY.

I shall be glad if I get help here.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

Please note that members looking for a job should refer to the Jobs in USA section by creating their CV. The forum is not meant for job search.

Additionally, you can browse through the Living in the USA guide for expats for more infos about how to find a job and what are the requirements.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi Everyone

My husband and I want to immigrate to USA (LA) from South Africa

Thank you

Hi, nice to meet you my name is Gabriel I've moved to the USA several months ago, just started to get used. I am from Italy and been working there as a journalist for more than 5 years, came here for new opportunities, because the most famous celebrities and events are here. Came across your site even before moving to the USA, it was very useful all the time, so I decided to finally become a full member. Hope to become a part of your family.

@GabrielIsj

Welcome on board Gabriel !

Hope you'll enjoy reading and participating on the forum section.

All the best

Bhavna

hi, i'm rich experience on Amazon, i want get more corporation Partners in USA, i can supply products or service.

hi, i'm rich experience on Amazon, i want get more corporation Partners in USA, i can supply products or service.

-@johnor7715

You might like to advertise in the classifieds sections. However, you will be far better off looking for business opportunities on Linkedin and other such places.

@Julien hello 🤗

Hello zamez7251,

Welcome to Expat.com1f600.svg

Could you please tell us more about you and your plans?

Are you already in the USA? If yes, where exactly?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello

my name is Fanny,i just moved to USA with my 5years old daughter since 2 months.we live in New jersey,but i sometimes go to work to New-York.

Thank you for accepting me as a member

Hello,

My name is William. I am from the UK (well was :)), I have lived in the US for 30+ years now. Became a US citizen 2023. Happy to share my experiences with anybody. Best of luck to all....

Hello everyone.

I'm Rose-Bell ***

Been here 10 years.

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Advertising part removed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@ecosseusaus gud luck ☺️

Good morning to all ☺️

Good morning po thanks for accepting me here this is my first time here

I am from Philippines ☺️

@Matet Gonzalez

Welcome on board !

Feel free to introduce yourself and tell us what you like about the USA ?

regards

Bhavna

@ecosseusaus Hello, it sounds like you've had a very rich experience in America.

How do I find other users who have immigrated to the US? I'd like to ask more questions.

@Wendy zhou

Hello and welcome !

You can post a new topic on the USA forum to post your questions : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=448

Members will be glad to help if they can.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

I'm Ron.  From usa.  I was in the army and discharged in 1975.  Since then I've always want to go back to Asia. Thing is. Years ago I caught a trafficking charge and did my 2 years In prison.  Now I want to go to the Phillipines, vietnam, thialand and possibly cambodia.   I just want to do 30 days in each country and maybe go back to vietnam for another 30 days and ride train to where ever intrest me. Where will my felony convection prevent me from going?  Phillipines is where I'm most worried about.

Thank you and I'm glad I found this community.   

Ron.

Hello my name is jirresse sona i'm student of Cameroon

@Julien

Hi ,

I'm planning to move to the USA and would love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hello

I'm from Cameroon, i moved in US.

I want to learn english, so people or forum english to speak with.

Also, i need a job; in my country (Cameroon) i worked as secretary. Here in US , because of the language that i don't know yet , i can't work as secretary.....so i can do the littles jobs during i learn english.

I live in Louisiane, at Lafayette.......

Please help me 🙏🙏🙏🙏

@mireil eyenga

Hello, with what visa did you move to the USA ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hello everyone, I'm Stefan from the USA. I'm happy to be part of this community.

hello my name is BIAOU Kivis and I am new to San Antonio

My name is Sergey, and I am a 28-year-old artist from St. Petersburg, Russia. I studied fine arts at the State Academy of Art and Design, where I developed my unique style that blends traditional Russian motifs with contemporary techniques. I have exhibited my work in various galleries across Europe and participated in numerous art festivals. I'm passionate about promoting environmental awareness through my art, using sustainable materials and methods. In my free time, I enjoy hiking in the beautiful Russian countryside and practicing yoga.

@BBbabe

hello and welcome !

Are you looking for a job ?

If yes, please note that the forum is not a job board ! If you want to make your CV/skills known to potential employers, you need to create a CV in the Jobs in USA section of the website.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi My name is MJ,

I am new here. I am looking for a job in the US. I am from the Philippines.

Hi My name is MJ,
I am new here. I am looking for a job in the US. I am from the Philippines.

-@mariajuanabalagatramones

This forum is not an employment agency.

You can create your CV in the jobs section at the top of this page.

There is plenty of information to be found by clicking on Guide at the top of this page too.

John from South Africa here, i am really eager to move to the US, i am looking for connections to network with and possibly get a job offer. I have a US  VISA still valid for 5years, makes it easier to get in but id like to start having conversations with people willing to give guidance

@narvick2000

Hello and welcome !

Please note that this thread is only meant for the introduction of new members.

Should you need a business partner, please refer to the classifieds to post an advert (testimonies > Business partner).

Thank you

Bhavna