Overstay procedure leaving SDQ Santo Domingo

We will be leaving end of this week and I am looking for the fastest way to go through check-in, customs and the overstay fines without being put in too many waiting lines (again). I already noticed I can not check in online with Delta, not sure if it is blocked for the overstay or a website glitch. Also can I still pay in cash? I know it is 3500 now for 3 months.

What are your experiences?

My understanding is that you must pay with a card now. If you want to get through security easily check out beforeboarding.com/en/. I have used this service for arriving but I have not used it for leaving. What I can say is that for arriving this service makes everything easy.

@zachwfh before boarding is the name of the service

Airlines don"t block u for overstays. Yes you can pay in cash at the airport. Make sure you complete your pre- boarding on - line form and take a picture of QR code for airport check- in

@Papito NL

I always leave from POP and have to check in in person as WestJet does not accommodate online check in for the DR. I stayed almost 5 months and had to pay aprox. $75US. At POP after check in I go through security then to immigration and pay. Get there extra early for check in.

So there doesn't exist a "fastest way" the process is what it is.  Lines will vary according to number of flights leaving and you will have to deal with it one step at a time!

Beating a desd horse here, but Dominican Customs/Aduanas doesnt care what you leave with! Customs and Migration ate two separate and distinct entities. When flying OUT from SDQ, you go though airline check-in,  security, and migration!. i've never had to deal with an overstay, so not sure if you can head straight there to pay or have to be sent by Migration.

They have said it all.....they take cards only as they seem to do at ALL airports by government/airlines and there is no shortcuts. Ya get there early enough and go through the line...

@planner, it is "cute" when they ask.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Ok thanks. First time overstay although I have been through SDQ for many years. I read someone  was put back in line for security again after paying the fine so I thought I would ask. Will a normal bank card be fine, I don't have a creditcard?

And sometimes there are shortcuts! When my 'daughter'  worked at the airport we always passed without any lines…not that I felt good about it but it sure was convenient!

No shortcuts these days honey.

No shortcuts these days honey.         -@planner

Well as always: 'it depends'…

Partly by accident we went to the 'dominicans only' migracion desk (no line), this guy sent us directly to the paydesk, we paid in cash, went back to the same guy to get the stamps and we were gone in 5 minutes. The long main line would have taken an hour or more.

At the end it didn't matter at all, Delta screwed up bigtime and it took them 3 days to get us from Santo Domingo to Europe. Now that was a nightmare!

That wasn't a shortcut that was luck.  They easily could have sent you to the back of the proper line!

You can't check in online for departure or return on international flights. They have to check your passport and your E-ticket manually. I thought it was a glitch too. But it's not.

Hello everyone.  What a nice day in Punta Cana.  I love this weather.    About payment of overstay upon leaving Punta Cana. I have paid a few times.  You pay and then you leave, no more lineup.  They send you ahead to where duty free is and then the gates.  This is already after you have checked your bags if you bring some home with you.  No need to line up again.  That is my experience at this airport.