Is China now blocking LinkedIn?

The past couple weeks I have received email notices that there are employers who are interested in me but LinkedIn is not functional.  Anyone know what this is?

@MohawkJoe - LinkedIn stopped it's service in China in 2021 after China complained that the company failed to curtail political speech.  A few of the apps still worked for a while, but the last was stopped in mid-2023.

Some users in China may access the service with a VPN, but both LinkedIn & their local internet provider will block this if they detect it.

kindly yes, but if you registered your acctoun in other country, it still works 

I noticed that linkedin was working in China last summer, but on linkedin.cn !  and not the same logins and profiles. Then it depends which linkedin you want to access ? a VPN will be necessary for linkedin.com :-)

Microsoft now provides a separate LinkedIn service for the Chinese mainland, due to Microsoft taking the service in a new 'social media' direction and not wanting to follow applicable Chinese laws.

@mrangry  thank you, i also noticed that Bing was working well in China, which was a good surprise...  This happened after a visit of Bill in China last year :-)

@sergefaure IINM, Bing has always worked just fine in mainland China. IINM, Microsoft tend to respect the laws of the land where their products are used so you can rely on them more - unlike (eg) Google who's products don't work everywhere.

@MohawkJoe

The place's an online Gulag for expats so yes it's blocked nay worse you can log into the still running Chinese version which well allows you to do nothing.

@MohawkJoe

This place's an online Gulag for expats & yes it's blocked nay worse you can log into the Chinese version which allows you to do nothing not even go the homepage. You can access it only through a VPN. With my phone VPN I still can access it.

Not really

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ … l-networks

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wikileak … eader-card

Yout TV is watching you. Orwell nailed that one.

They are very clearly a one party state that rejects democracy- and you may or may not like them - but they have a point in this case.

There's lots more possibly true information available on line