Getting credit checked for internet etc in UK

Hi all, for family reasons I am looking to spend a year in London. I need very good internet and wondered how difficult it is to get an internet service without a UK credit score. I have an excellent credit score here in the US but I am guessing they will not check that.

I ask because there are flats that are furnished with wifi but of course they are much more experienced.  I am nervous about renting a place and not being able to have internet which is essential for my job.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi all, for family reasons I am looking to spend a year in London. I need very good internet and wondered how difficult it is to get an internet service without a UK credit score. I have an excellent credit score here in the US but I am guessing they will not check that.
I ask because there are flats that are furnished with wifi but of course they are much more experienced.  I am nervous about renting a place and not being able to have internet which is essential for my job.
Any help is much appreciated.

-@ScunnerCampbell

A lot of the time, you must have a contract for 2 years. The best way is to have a Pay-as-you-go Cube so you don't have a contract.

For example: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gigacube

But do shop around to check the best deals, there are a few networks that offer something like this.

I hope this helps.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

@SimCityAT Oh these look great.  I was not sure this was possible.

Thank you!

@SimCityAT Oh these look great.  I was not sure this was possible.
Thank you!

-@ScunnerCampbell

Also an added bonus, they are portable.

Try checking out something like Vodafone's Pay-as-you-go Cube. It's flexible and doesn't need a UK credit score or long contracts. This way, you can get reliable internet for your job in London without any worries.

In the UK, when you sign up for the Internet or other utility services, providers usually carry out a credit check. Service providers ask for your consent to check your credit history, which includes your name, address, and sometimes date of birth. They get this from credit reporting agencies such as Experian or Equifax.