Partial living in Vietnam

Hello,

I am really thinking about partially living in Vietnam for 8-9 months out of the year and come back a few months to the state.  Anybody on the forum have done that?  Considering the journey end of 2025.

Was born in Danang many years ago and came back several times now and like it a lot.  I like being around the beach cities (Nha Trang or Danang).

Btw, just came back from visiting Sydney and New Zealand (oh my its expensive there). 

Please update title to "Partial living in Vietnam", mistyped :)

TT

Hello,
I am really thinking about partially living in Vietnam for 8-9 months out of the year and come back a few months to the state.  Anybody on the forum have done that?  Considering the journey end of 2025.

Was born in Danang many years ago and came back several times now and like it a lot.  I like being around the beach cities (Nha Trang or Danang).

Btw, just came back from visiting Sydney and New Zealand (oh my its expensive there). 

Please update title to "Partial living in Vietnam", mistyped smile.png

TT

-@Svho

If you qualify for a 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificate (VEC) it should be fairly easy, especially if (after 6 months) you are able to get a 3 month extension while still in country.

Then you could stay for the full 9 months without needing to do a border run.

@Svho  I am thinking the same thing soon to be 63 in June which would be an early retirement but I would love to do that and just live on the beach being that im from California there's no way I can do that here in the states, but in Da Nang it's quite feasible. I wish you all the luck and happiness life is short.

Yes, I am qualified for VEC. 

Mrriokohler, where in Calif are you in?  We have a few guys on this forum that is in the same state.