Financial Ruin by DeVere Advisors and others..

The subject line is from a group on Facebook

I am originally from the UK and came across to Germany in 2010. I moved my small UK pensions tp a QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme) with DeVere in 2013 and it was a total disaster. followed up with not much better from Blacktower in 2016, now in a painful posotion with Brite Advisors.

Please keep your UK pensions in the UK. There are too may of these companies out there taking your well earned cash, promising tax relief and blah blah! Too many of them just don't walk the talk.

I have named 3, there are unfortunately many others.

Please keep yourself safe and stay clear.

If you have been affected by any of these, get in touch.  I can link you in with others. You are not alone!

It seems you have a point. They are banned from trading in South Africa and stories are many and varied, but not many are positive

https://adv.portfolio-adviser.com/expat … on-losses/

This topic seems to be about UK pensions for citizens living abroad.

It is not Germany-specific, so I asked the forum team to move it to a more suitable section than the Germany forum.

@beppi Ok, however it has an effect on people in Germany too. Where did it get moved too?

I am looking for other people living in Germany, to see what we can do to help each other.

@paulmcmanus27

Hello, Thank you for your post.

The topic can remain on the Germany forum if you are looking for people in Germany to share their experience.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thanks. it rea is a big iss affecting expats of many na