Can anyone name a ocean freight carrier for a 40ft container?

We are moving from Arkansas, USA to Poland and even if we sell off ALOT, we want to narrow it down to (1) 40ft high container. Can anyone give me the name of the shipping company or broker they used, so I can start getting quotes. Our timeframe is very flexible, still just starting to list out our possibilities and the costs involved. And maybe this isn't the only viable shipping option, so I am open to suggestions.  I could break up some of it into smaller pallet sizes and then only get a 20ft...who knows..open for ideas.

@lisalange1959

Hi , we moved to Poland from FL in 2014  and used Polamer's servis from A to Z . They delivered a 40ft container to our property in FL and took it after

a few days fully loaded. In the meantime we sold our house , drove to NJ by a rented car with our fur baby and took a flight to Warsaw  by Lufthansa that is most pet friendly airline in our opinion.

The container arrived in about three weeks  . Pulawska Street in Warsaw ...wow.... about a 15-minute drive from our new house.

10 years ago seems like yesterday but using Polamer was the best decision we made. Outstanding service . 

gosh thank you for such a quick response!  I will google that service...

@lisalange1959

I am glad you found it helpful. The preparation for our moving took us over a year and I investigated all options .

Everything that we brought to Poland was duty free because I am a Polish-American and under the Polish law have the right

to relocate with all belongings  ( one time in a lifetime)  .....despite the fact that my husband is an American.

What is your final destination in Poland ? 

@AliceDob  Hi Alice,  We are starting out near family in Olsztyn.  We will rent for a couple of months while we search for a house and land.  Poland and Czech are our options. We always had 10 acres in the USA but will downsize...as long as I can get chickens...LOL  and can grow some veggies. We are artists now, so will have fun crafting too. Had a great conversation just today with a rep from Blue horizon shipping on the container to bring some belongings. And it really, really does help that Andy is a Polish citizen. We are going to the Houston Embassy to renew his Polish passport next month and also to record our marriage (17yrs), so my Visa/residency will be easier. Still unsure of the procedure to do it all legally. Next is the meeting with the Real Estate agent on Tues to list this property...all of course depends on the timing and amount of the sale. But prices are high and good time to sell and downsize. So Excited! Time to start packing!

@AliceDob  oh...and I am also contacting Polamer Inc tomorrow for competitive quote!

Hi Lisa, moving to another country is a huge task , takes so much effort and energy. We had closing on our house the day before taking off for NJ by a car from FL. I still have chills while looking back :-). What if something went wrong with the closing and our container was on it's way to Poland , the flights were booked with our dog in the cabin ( most challenging issue )...Olsztyn area is such a beautiful part of Poland and we call it " 1000 lake area"  I am sure you will fall in love with this place. You shoudn't have any problems with your residency in Poland while being a spouse of a Polish citizen . First you will have to  apply for a temporary residence permit with a Polish regional office in charge with this procedure.And also be aware that foreigners from outside the EU  are allowed to buy property in Poland after they obtain a permit from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration. To get such a permit you can indicate that your husband is a Polish citizen. The permit is usually granted within 2-3 months and is valid for 12 months so it would be a good idea to file for it ASAP. 10 acres , wow!!! We build our house in Poland on a 1500 sq. m. lot and it seems too big especially when it comes to mowing the lawn :-).